and another thing!

12 replies [Last post]
Offline
Joined:
10/07/2008

Don't leave politcial flyers in my guest rooms drawers and underneath things!!

__________________

Gluten free is never free. - Joey Bloggs

 

Joey Camb's picture
Offline
Joined:
04/02/2010

the local hotels produced a map and it has all the churches on and this chap was like "they should put all the services on" I said well when they put any money towards publishing it then they will. what and idiot.

__________________

Don't mess with me today or I will kill you!!!!

 

Generic's picture
Offline
Joined:
02/24/2011

Just political? Let's see... I had a few that are proselytizing and left me their flyers and magazines. I think that's worse than political flyers.

__________________

Permission to quote in whole or in part, other than usage on this forum, is entirely forbidden.

 

Breakfast Diva's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/26/2009

Twice, I've had them mail me their religious material after their stay. UGH!!!

Generic's picture
Offline
Joined:
02/24/2011

Never had it mailed to me, thankfully.  But we have had it left in the room and left hidden in the room. Funny part is, we have had a number of clergy and it is NEVER them.

Offline
Joined:
08/07/2008

Breakfast Diva wrote:

Twice, I've had them mail me their religious material after their stay. UGH!!!

 

I have too.  It was a strange couple.  They sent me a pamplet that had a photograph of burning flames on it..and it was religious material.

Arks's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/22/2010

Breakfast Diva wrote:

Twice, I've had them mail me their religious material after their stay. UGH!!!

Great for lighting your BBQ.

__________________

All saints can do miracles, but few of them can keep hotel. ~ Mark Twain

 

Highlands John's picture
Offline
Joined:
04/16/2010

Anyone who chooses their political candidate based on a flyer they find hidden in the guest room of a B&B or inn should have their right to vote revoked.

__________________

If you wanted hotel facilities you should have booked a hotel and paid hotel prices!!!

 

Offline
Joined:
06/24/2008

Never had political stuff left in the room before.  Religious stuff left here all the time... some in obvious places - for me I supose, and some left in the drawer with all my info.  That is the stuff I hate, makes it seem like it is OUR push.   We do keep a list of ALL church addresses and services in the area in our guest literature - this done for convenience (for us).

Madeleine's picture
Offline
Joined:
09/29/2011

Right. I hate finding stuff guests have left behind in 'hidden' places. I don't go through all the magazines for example and oh what I have found in there!

Stuff folded inside the maps I leave in the dressers. Mostly though I have found things right where the guest meant to leave them- for me, on the bed or the dresser.

__________________

Everyday, for good or ill, we intersect with some else's story and become a part of it.

 

Generic's picture
Offline
Joined:
02/24/2011

Madeleine wrote:

Right. I hate finding stuff guests have left behind in 'hidden' places. I don't go through all the magazines for example and oh what I have found in there!

Stuff folded inside the maps I leave in the dressers. Mostly though I have found things right where the guest meant to leave them- for me, on the bed or the dresser.

Actually, you reminded me of the time we stayed at a dubtree in a jr. suite (aka Honeymoon suite). Hidden between the phone books were two skin flicks... what was more shocking was that one was for the 90% and the other for the 10%. 

Offline
Joined:
10/07/2008

 They do it wherever they go. This was a first here too. Funny you would think it would happen more often, really. But putting it underneath something which I move. I thought at first it was for the next guests, etc, but maybe it was for me. For me, leave it on the bed.

Politicians suck.

Madeleine's picture
Offline
Joined:
09/29/2011

We haven't had that one but we have had a LOT of religious tracts left in notieceable places. I don't know if we cause them to be left or those guests do that wherever they go.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.