Tips for Taking Pi ctures of Your Inn

15 replies [Last post]
Offline
Joined:
10/07/2008

 

Tips for Ta king Pictu res of Your Inn (link is here cut n paste) suiteexchange.com/2012/02/24/tips-for-taking-pictures/

I may add this website as a resource, The CIO for Reznexxus wrote this Check it out and let me know:

 

 

SUI TE EXCHANGE – how to run an inn

 

~ Articles and insights for innkeepers and lodging professionals

 

 

 

 

 

__________________

Gluten free is never free. - Joey Bloggs

 

swirt's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/17/2008

 I just added the feed from http://suiteexchange.com to our Blogs to Innspire listing.   New posts will show up there on a daily basis.  ;)

Birdie's picture
Offline
Joined:
02/08/2012

Our photographer used a portable light (the metal kind) and placed it in spots I would never of thought of. We have a bed fairly close to a wall (think of walking between the wall and the bed to get into that side of the bed) and he placed the portable light on the floor between the wall and the bed. He also put one inside one of our big tubs because he was having trouble getting the right perspective to show the actual size of the tub.

You definitely need to be creative with lighting!

 

Arks's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/22/2010

Yes, when I took my aspiring course, the innkeeper said it took him 2 years to get them to come to Eureka Springs, and there are like 70 B&Bs there. If they can't get to a place with that much business in one town, they're really busy and I assume expensive (and deservingly so).

__________________

All saints can do miracles, but few of them can keep hotel. ~ Mark Twain

 

Offline
Joined:
10/07/2008

Arkansawyer wrote:

Yes, when I took my aspiring course, the innkeeper said it took him 2 years to get them to come to Eureka Springs, and there are like 70 B&Bs there. If they can't get to a place with that much business in one town, they're really busy and I assume expensive (and deservingly so).

Yes but those of us who can't have them can sure follow their blog and helpful hints.  I actually shared their blog with a budding photographer the other day.  Nothing to do with innkeeping, but everything to do with taking photos without people being the main focus, and taking photos that convey a feeling or experience.  This was what he was lacking in his photography, he had everything perfect except they lacked feeling.

egoodell's picture
Offline
Joined:
06/01/2008

 Jumping Rocks are the best, but probably because of that they are difficult to book. We had them scheduled last year and they bumped us. And we need our photos when the grapes are on the vine. So we are probably going to go with Lisa's photographyer from Acorn. She does beautiful work, and will keep her sheduled appointment.

Somer out of MD is another one we are considering. They do excellent work as well.

Riki

__________________

Riki Goodell
Arcady Vineyard Bed & Breakfast
Arcady Vineyard Wine Tours
www.arcadyvineyard.com
Come! Let us show you the beautiful Monticello Appellation!

 

Offline
Joined:
05/22/2008

 I have to say this person has nothing on Jumping Rocks. They are the Best!

Arks's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/22/2010

catlady wrote:

 I have to say this person has nothing on Jumping Rocks. They are the Best!

I felt the same. Jumping Rocks would have had some plants and flowers where these photos had empty space or empty containers, and the lighting could have been better. But the basic suggestions are good ones, and will help do-it-yourselfer innkeepers do a better job.

Offline
Joined:
02/18/2012

Arkansawyer wrote:

Jumping Rocks would have had some plants and flowers where these photos had empty space or empty containers, and the lighting could have been better. But the basic suggestions are good ones, and will help do-it-yourselfer innkeepers do a better job.

I agree, Arkansas, some good tips, some good shots, some not so good ones.  Lighting seemed prettty bad in some, would recommend being careful in following their "all lights on" tip for lighting.

Offline
Joined:
05/22/2008

 Uh..did you all see this at the bottom??? HUH????

Air b n b provides you with a professional photographer to come to your property to do a photo shoot FREE, yep, that’s right, for free. You can see what they came up with on my web sites.

briarwoodmanor.webs.com and briarwoodhome.webs.com

 

Madeleine's picture
Offline
Joined:
09/29/2011

OK, there were no comments when I first read that article.

__________________

Everyday, for good or ill, we intersect with some else's story and become a part of it.

 

Offline
Joined:
10/07/2008

catlady wrote:

 Uh..did you all see this at the bottom??? HUH????

Air b n b provides you with a professional photographer to come to your property to do a photo shoot FREE, yep, that’s right, for free. You can see what they came up with on my web sites.

briarwoodmanor.webs.com and briarwoodhome.webs.com

 

huh? stranger than strange

Madeleine's picture
Offline
Joined:
09/29/2011

I didn't see that but it is true. It's right on their website that they provide a prof photog.

Madeleine's picture
Offline
Joined:
09/29/2011

Thank you. It's just what I needed right now. I'm going to see what I can come up with!

Arks's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/22/2010

Note to others: you'll need to scroll down a bit to get to the photography article.

OnTheShore's picture
Offline
Joined:
08/28/2011

The first link (tips) goes straight to the photography article; you only need to scroll down on the second link (suite exchange).

__________________

"where even time relaxes...."

 

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.