Eggs Benedict Casserole Recipe

8 replies [Last post]
Offline
Joined:
10/07/2008

 

Eggs Benedict Casserole Recipe

 

I have no idea why anyone would make this, 1) you lose the who impact of how lovely eggs bennie look on a plate, 2) it only seems like MORE work, not less like the recipe implies, but nevertheless here it is, a casserole, and that caught my eye (because it was different). 

 

__________________

Gluten free is never free. - Joey Bloggs

 

Offline
Joined:
10/07/2008

I scramble the eggs. In fact, like quiche many have never had eggs bennie due to the yolk issue. So are pleasantly surprised how much they like it! It reminds me of the day I was tricked into anchovy on my pizza, and became instantly addicted. (it was a real pizza pie tho, not a chain) and I loved it! Before that you could never convince me to put fish on a pizza.  

Breakfast Diva's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/26/2009

Joey Bloggs wrote:

I scramble the eggs. In fact, like quiche many have never had eggs bennie due to the yolk issue. So are pleasantly surprised how much they like it! It reminds me of the day I was tricked into anchovy on my pizza, and became instantly addicted. (it was a real pizza pie tho, not a chain) and I loved it! Before that you could never convince me to put fish on a pizza.  

I was the same way with anchovy on cesar salad. A real cesar should have anchovies on top. One I tasted it, I was hooked!

Madeleine's picture
Offline
Joined:
09/29/2011

DH won't order a Caesar salad if the restaurant doesn't have anchovies.

__________________

Everyday, for good or ill, we intersect with some else's story and become a part of it.

 

Breakfast Diva's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/26/2009

Madeleine wrote:

DH won't order a Caesar salad if the restaurant doesn't have anchovies.

Breakfast Diva's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/26/2009

Several years ago I stopped making the traditional Eggs Benny because people were freaked out over the egg yolks. I started doing a variation of this recipe, but in individual baking cups...ham on the bottom, cut up muffins, egg milk mixture poured over, then set in fridge overnight. Bake in the morning, plate by turning egg cup upside down and removing mixture to a plate (upside down so now ham in on top). Pour hollandaise over top.

Because no one saw the yolk, they eat it up. Go figure!

egoodell's picture
Offline
Joined:
06/01/2008

Breakfast Diva wrote:

Several years ago I stopped making the traditional Eggs Benny because people were freaked out over the egg yolks. I started doing a variation of this recipe, but in individual baking cups...ham on the bottom, cut up muffins, egg milk mixture poured over, then set in fridge overnight. Bake in the morning, plate by turning egg cup upside down and removing mixture to a plate (upside down so now ham in on top). Pour hollandaise over top.

Because no one saw the yolk, they eat it up. Go figure!

I have the same problem. This sounds like something they would eat, though! Thanks for the info!!

Riki

__________________

Riki Goodell
Arcady Vineyard Bed & Breakfast
Arcady Vineyard Wine Tours
www.arcadyvineyard.com
Come! Let us show you the beautiful Monticello Appellation!

 

Arks's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/22/2010

I guess the benefit is that you can do the prep the day before, and as you say, it's different. Worth trying to see if it's as good as the real thing.

But I can't really think about it today. Earl Scruggs died.

 

_________

Edited to add, serves 12 and only has 8 eggs? I want a whole egg in my Eggs Benedict! It's Eggs Benedict, dang it. It's not about watching your weight and cholesterol!!!

__________________

All saints can do miracles, but few of them can keep hotel. ~ Mark Twain

 

Offline
Joined:
10/07/2008

... and less ham, so I think it is the "bargain bennie"

________

Yeah a legend. American music pioneer.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.