Love my new phone

8 replies [Last post]
Madeleine's picture
Offline
Joined:
09/29/2011

We just bought a new phone last week because DH wanted a phone in every room so we got one with 3 extensions plus a base unit. (Me I could live without a phone in every room, but hey, I got my way for 8 years...)

Anyhoo, the good thing about this phone is it has 10 digit call blocking. (My old phone service only did local call blocking.) The phone just rang and bingo! 'Call blocked' showed up on the CID and the caller (a telemarketer I blocked last week) got a busy signal. Heaven, I'm in heaven...

 

__________________

Everyday, for good or ill, we intersect with some else's story and become a part of it.

 

Breakfast Diva's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/26/2009

Care to share the brand/style? That's definitely the kind of phone I need!

Madeleine's picture
Offline
Joined:
09/29/2011

Breakfast Diva wrote:

Care to share the brand/style? That's definitely the kind of phone I need!

It works just like a cellphone apparently. (I wouldn't know, only DH has a cellphone.) Brand is Panasonic. 6.0 Plus. It must be last year's model as the ones on the web look different. It has a speakerphone and talking CID, which I turned off as I don't want it talking when guests are nearby. You can connect your cellphone to it and use Bluetooth, if you have that. It also does intercom so we can talk to each other from different parts of the house without yelling.

Looks like this: http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-KX-TG7623B-Bluetooth-Cordless-Handsets/d...

Breakfast Diva's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/26/2009

Thanks for the info. I like the intercom feature too!

gillumhouse's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/22/2008

We have intercom on our cordless phones and it does come in handy - keeps me from having to jump up at the sound of my master's voice provided he remembers to USE the intercom.

Highlands John's picture
Offline
Joined:
04/16/2010

Wa-hoo!! Cool.

All we need now is a phone that can block PITAs

__________________

If you wanted hotel facilities you should have booked a hotel and paid hotel prices!!!

 

Offline
Joined:
08/04/2008

Arks's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/22/2010

Madeleine wrote:

The phone just rang and bingo! 'Call blocked' showed up on the CID and the caller (a telemarketer I blocked last week) got a busy signal. Heaven, I'm in heaven...

That's a great feature! Even better would be if it didn't ring on blocked calls, making it like the call never happened.

__________________

All saints can do miracles, but few of them can keep hotel. ~ Mark Twain

 

Madeleine's picture
Offline
Joined:
09/29/2011

Arkansawyer wrote:

Madeleine wrote:

The phone just rang and bingo! 'Call blocked' showed up on the CID and the caller (a telemarketer I blocked last week) got a busy signal. Heaven, I'm in heaven...

That's a great feature! Even better would be if it didn't ring on blocked calls, making it like the call never happened.

It rings once. I thought it wouldn't ring, either, but once is ok as it alerts me and then I can snicker as I see 'Call Blocked' pop up on the screen!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.