Do You Dare...

12 replies [Last post]
Breakfast Diva's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/26/2009

serve any breakfast item made with liquor/liqueur? This recipe looks delish, but I don't want to have to ask every guest if using a liqueur. It sure would be nice to play with some new flavors though.

Flower's picture
Offline
Joined:
06/19/2011

I cook with booze a fair amount .

In my conformation I always ask if I can cook with alcohol . I say, I maybe  be cooking with alcohol if you don't wish any alcohol to  be in your food prep.  Please advise.

__________________

Flower

 

Offline
Joined:
08/04/2008

Flower wrote:

I cook with booze a fair amount .

In my conformation I always ask if I can cook with alcohol . I say, I maybe  be cooking with alcohol if you don't wish any alcohol to  be in your food prep.  Please advise.

One glass for the recipe, one glass for the baker. Eye-wink

Breakfast Diva's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/26/2009

Penelope wrote:

Flower wrote:

I cook with booze a fair amount .

In my conformation I always ask if I can cook with alcohol . I say, I maybe  be cooking with alcohol if you don't wish any alcohol to  be in your food prep.  Please advise.

One glass for the recipe, one glass for the baker. Eye-wink

yes

Flower's picture
Offline
Joined:
06/19/2011

NOW ! That could make me feel rather bubbly    Hickup .. !!! Wink

 

Generic's picture
Offline
Joined:
02/24/2011

PS: You can use frozen lemonade concentrate instead, if you want to make it non-alcoholic.

__________________

Permission to quote in whole or in part, other than usage on this forum, is entirely forbidden.

 

Offline
Joined:
05/30/2008

Don't forget about allergies. I know two people who are allergic to alcohol and won't risk eating rum cake or anything else with alcohol even if it may have cooked off.

It's probably one of those allergies that some people wouldn't think to mention for breakfast, not expecting it to be a common ingredient.

Offline
Joined:
10/07/2008

Reminds me of the Tiramisu that I brought that was the most beautiful I had ever seen hnad made by one of the greatest Italian bakers...and we had an ex drinker tell me he wouldn't touch it due to the rum. Even tho the alcohol was cooked out of it.

Also certain folks have Faith based reasons.

I was saddened by this until I realized more for me! heart

__________________

Gluten free is never free. - Joey Bloggs

 

Breakfast Diva's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/26/2009

We get a lot of guests who don't partake of caffeine or alcohol for religious reasons.

Madeleine's picture
Offline
Joined:
09/29/2011

No, we don't because you just never know. Even tho the alcohol generally cooks out, I don't want to take a chance on setting off an alkie.

__________________

Everyday, for good or ill, we intersect with some else's story and become a part of it.

 

Generic's picture
Offline
Joined:
02/24/2011

I have a jam on the table that is sour cherry and Amaretto. Does that count?

Flower's picture
Offline
Joined:
06/19/2011

My daughter made some last year .ummmiee

I plan to make some peach Amaretto jam this summer .Soon as the peach are here.

Breakfast Diva's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/26/2009

Eric Arthur Blair wrote:

I have a jam on the table that is sour cherry and Amaretto. Does that count?

Not really, because that's an add-on/optional. Sounds good though!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.