Innspiring Road Trip

98 replies [Last post]
Offline
Joined:
10/07/2008

Innspiring innmate road trip is in the planning stages for December. All four seats have been reserved.

We have a question for you:

If this road trip took a midwest/southern turn, which is the plan, are you interested in hosting a few innkeepers?

  1. If you are anon on this forum, please drop us an email so we can add you to our ROUTE.
  2. We would also like to trade gift certificates with you if possible to make the cost affordable for all. In return we would host you - any time!  Or if you would provide a cut innmate rate as an option, also.

   We have an innmate road trip blog and will take misc fun random images to post back to you all via the blog, and Facebook page. We will market your inn!

HERE IS OUR BLOG (The the map here which is only an outline, not a route in the least)

HERE IS OUR FACEBOOK PAGE (please like and share if you don't mind) yes

__________________

Gluten free is never free. - Joey Bloggs

 

Offline
Joined:
10/07/2008

Another segment in the Innspiring Road Trip chronicles...

 

"Another stop along the Innspiring Road Trip...MO"

Read more about it right here: http://innspiring-roadtrips.blogspot.com/2013/10/another-stop-along-innspiring-road.html

Offline
Joined:
10/07/2008

another post:

"Innkeepers just wanna have fun!" 

 

Offline
Joined:
10/07/2008

Carol I hope you are following my B&B blog, I have a special post for you in two days. cool

gillumhouse's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/22/2008

It is wonderful!!!

Ice
Offline
Joined:
02/22/2010

Joey Bloggs wrote:

Carol I hope you are following my B&B blog, I have a special post for you in two days. cool

Is it about my girl, Miss Junie B?

__________________

"Do not put off until tomorrow what can be put off till day-after-tomorrow just as well." Mark Twain

 

Offline
Joined:
10/07/2008

Ice wrote:

Joey Bloggs wrote:

Carol I hope you are following my B&B blog, I have a special post for you in two days. cool

Is it about my girl, Miss Junie B?

yep. Miss JB

iam on my grandmothers wifi typing this, her 90th bday party is this weekend! Yeah 90 and on wifi. 230am my time, finally going to bed and she turned my bed down and said "Here, just like your B&B!" smiley

Offline
Joined:
05/30/2008

YAY!!  Glad you made it to celebrate her milestone birthday with her!!!  heart

__________________

People don't notice whether it's winter or summer when they're happy.
~ Anton Chekhov

 

Ice
Offline
Joined:
02/22/2010

Joey Bloggs wrote:

Ice wrote:

Joey Bloggs wrote:

Carol I hope you are following my B&B blog, I have a special post for you in two days. cool

Is it about my girl, Miss Junie B?

yep. Miss JB

iam on my grandmothers wifi typing this, her 90th bday party is this weekend! Yeah 90 and on wifi. 230am my time, finally going to bed and she turned my bed down and said "Here, just like your B&B!" smiley

You are so lucky to have your grandmother.  Tell her Happy Birthday and may she see another 90 years! 

I'm all set for the "important" blog!!!

gillumhouse's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/22/2008

Joey Bloggs wrote:

Ice wrote:

Joey Bloggs wrote:

Carol I hope you are following my B&B blog, I have a special post for you in two days. cool

Is it about my girl, Miss Junie B?

yep. Miss JB

iam on my grandmothers wifi typing this, her 90th bday party is this weekend! Yeah 90 and on wifi. 230am my time, finally going to bed and she turned my bed down and said "Here, just like your B&B!" smiley

How absolutely sweet!! Wish her a Happy Birthday from all of us!And tell her I said she has a wonderful, kind, and nice granddaughter - but do not tell her granddaughter I said it.

Offline
Joined:
10/07/2008

gillumhouse wrote:

Joey Bloggs wrote:

Ice wrote:

Joey Bloggs wrote:

Carol I hope you are following my B&B blog, I have a special post for you in two days. cool

Is it about my girl, Miss Junie B?

yep. Miss JB

iam on my grandmothers wifi typing this, her 90th bday party is this weekend! Yeah 90 and on wifi. 230am my time, finally going to bed and she turned my bed down and said "Here, just like your B&B!" smiley

How absolutely sweet!! Wish her a Happy Birthday from all of us!And tell her I said she has a wonderful, kind, and nice granddaughter - but do not tell her granddaughter I said it.

i told her and about the innspiringroadtrip... 

gillumhouse's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/22/2008

Wish I could tell my Granny about our road trip. She died in 1969 at 81. But I know what she would say - what she always said: Y'uons got money."

My City Manager has said we are going to do a Thelma & Louise (without the shoot 'em up) when we are widows. I have changed it to when she retires - if we wait for them, we will be too feeble to do it. She has never traveled, has never seen the ocean - either of them.

Offline
Joined:
05/22/2008

Have you been to Black Dawg?  Everytime I watch I think I need to plan a trip down there Smiling  SOme day we will Smiling

Offline
Joined:
10/07/2008

EmptyNest wrote:

Have you been to Black Dawg?  Everytime I watch I think I need to plan a trip down there Smiling  SOme day we will Smiling

Yes, of course!

COME DOWN and let's do it! You need to stay here anyway. Smiling It's bout time.  Black Dog is where Franklin Fitzpatrick Claiborne (the resident gnome) came from. Was freed from...you may recall him from the Gname the Gnome Contest. Although he was not salvaged, he was from their concrete garden section.

We are listed on their website now, they are a great company, and a lot of fun! To explore Black Dog Salvage is awesome! 

Offline
Joined:
08/04/2008

Are you REALLY coming that close to me!?

Offline
Joined:
10/07/2008

Penelope wrote:

Are you REALLY coming that close to me!?

I am flying into Indianapolis then over to Muncie Indiana to begin the trip, as is Gillum. How far are you? I know at the end of the loop returning to Muncie it will be w two less passengers.

gillumhouse's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/22/2008

The map looks as if the final 2 are headed to Penelope's town going back to Muncie from my place.

 

Offline
Joined:
08/04/2008

Joey Bloggs wrote:

Penelope wrote:

Are you REALLY coming that close to me!?

I am flying into Indianapolis then over to Muncie Indiana to begin the trip, as is Gillum. How far are you? I know at the end of the loop returning to Muncie it will be w two less passengers.

In good weather (considering the fact that you'll be doing this in Dec) I'm a little under 4 hours from Indie-

 

 

Bommelhoeve's picture
Offline
Joined:
08/14/2009

You should meet our dog....... Like any labrador she can pretend she is desperate and never fed...

 

__________________

Innkeeper
Bommelhoeve Inn

 

Arks's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/22/2010

Yes, last I'd seen the route it was 4 stops!

Wish JB could bring her dog. I've seen it so many times it's like part of the family.

But no pets allowed at my place Sad

__________________

All saints can do miracles, but few of them can keep hotel. ~ Mark Twain

 

Ice
Offline
Joined:
02/22/2010

Arkansawyer wrote:

 

Wish JB could bring her dog. I've seen it so many times it's like part of the family.

 

I can't wait to meet her!  She adds so much to all your pictures, JB, I hope you are paying her!!!

Offline
Joined:
10/07/2008

Ice wrote:

Arkansawyer wrote:

 

Wish JB could bring her dog. I've seen it so many times it's like part of the family.

 

I can't wait to meet her!  She adds so much to all your pictures, JB, I hope you are paying her!!!

Gulp...

Might have to make bacon when you are here so YOU can pay her. Smiling She has the begging down perfectly now, I have seen less sadness in the eyes of mangy mutts on the streets of Tijuana.

Offline
Joined:
10/07/2008

Arkansawyer wrote:

Yes, last I'd seen the route it was 4 stops!

Wish JB could bring her dog. I've seen it so many times it's like part of the family.

But no pets allowed at my place Sad

This was she yesterday...under the weather a bit.

Breakfast Diva's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/26/2009

Way too cute!!

Offline
Joined:
10/07/2008

There is a new article on the blog: http://innspiring-roadtrips.blogspot.com/

And a map of the road trip to date here.

Offline
Joined:
05/30/2008

Yowza!  I made the map!!  How many rooms are needed?  Eye-wink

 

gillumhouse's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/22/2008

I think it is lunch we move on for the overnight.

Kay Nein's picture
Offline
Joined:
02/13/2012

Holy Cow!  I had no idea that there were so many stops.  How awesome!  I just hope y'all aren't exhausted and completely over it by the time you reach me wink

Offline
Joined:
06/24/2008

Well there is one place between your place and mine so if they are exhausted when they get to you it isn't because of ME!!! wink 

gillumhouse's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/22/2008

I think that is lunch

Arks's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/22/2010

I have several pages of identities, websites, real names, etc. and refer to it often.

JB is the best at it though. She knows more about us all than is known by the National Security Agency!

Offline
Joined:
10/07/2008

Arkansawyer wrote:

I have several pages of identities, websites, real names, etc. and refer to it often.

JB is the best at it though. She knows more about us all than is known by the National Security Agency!

If your ears were burning...

We have three new rooms checking in today. Oddly enough - the other rooms are Illinois and Calf, these three are all from NC. And oddly enough not far from each other near Cary, Wake Forest Park, Raleigh...so in that technical triangle area.

I said looking at the names I can guess the ages and now that the 2 rooms are in my daughter said "Man, how do you do that!?"

Here are some of the names you can put them in AGE order: (ie 1 2 3) 1 being born first/oldest

Sara & Clinton

Berl & April

Susan & Bill

 

Innkeep's picture
Offline
Joined:
06/04/2008

Arkansawyer wrote:

JB is the best at it though. She knows more about us all than is known by the National Security Agency!

She's the Mother Confessor

Offline
Joined:
10/07/2008

Innkeep wrote:

Arkansawyer wrote:

JB is the best at it though. She knows more about us all than is known by the National Security Agency!

She's the Mother Confessor

We have Aussies in the house! (Here is a tip on how to know when you have Aussies in the house above the age of say 40...)

Offline
Joined:
07/23/2008

When you get to MO call me.. If you aren't coming here, I can drive and meet you somewhere.... 

__________________

Sunshine

 

Innkeep's picture
Offline
Joined:
06/04/2008

Sunshine wrote:

When you get to MO call me.. If you aren't coming here, I can drive and meet you somewhere.... 

You are on our map if you haven't packed up for greener pastures. 

Offline
Joined:
07/23/2008

Innkeep wrote:

Sunshine wrote:

When you get to MO call me.. If you aren't coming here, I can drive and meet you somewhere.... 

You are on our map if you haven't packed up for greener pastures. 

Any ideas of "when"?? 

Innkeep's picture
Offline
Joined:
06/04/2008

Sunshine wrote:

Innkeep wrote:

Sunshine wrote:

When you get to MO call me.. If you aren't coming here, I can drive and meet you somewhere.... 

You are on our map if you haven't packed up for greener pastures. 

Any ideas of "when"?? 

Dec 12th.  We'll take you to lunch.

Offline
Joined:
07/23/2008

Innkeep wrote:

Sunshine wrote:

Innkeep wrote:

Sunshine wrote:

When you get to MO call me.. If you aren't coming here, I can drive and meet you somewhere.... 

You are on our map if you haven't packed up for greener pastures. 

Any ideas of "when"?? 

Dec 12th.  We'll take you to lunch.

Whoooo hooo!!! CAN'T WAIT TO MEET  YOU ALL!!!

Offline
Joined:
07/23/2008

Innkeep wrote:

Sunshine wrote:

Innkeep wrote:

Sunshine wrote:

When you get to MO call me.. If you aren't coming here, I can drive and meet you somewhere.... 

You are on our map if you haven't packed up for greener pastures. 

Any ideas of "when"?? 

Dec 12th.  We'll take you to lunch.

Whoooo hooo!!! CAN'T WAIT TO MEET  YOU ALL!!!

Offline
Joined:
10/07/2008

Every inn is unique

new blog article

Generic's picture
Offline
Joined:
02/24/2011

Know the worst part... I can't connect the dots between the aliases and the names and I've been here for what seems like ages.

__________________

Permission to quote in whole or in part, other than usage on this forum, is entirely forbidden.

 

Iris's picture
Offline
Joined:
06/08/2009

Eric Arthur Blair wrote:

Know the worst part... I can't connect the dots between the aliases and the names and I've been here for what seems like ages.

lol and I thought I was the only one.  

__________________

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..."
Mark Twain

 

gillumhouse's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/22/2008

I do not know who most are either.

Kay Nein's picture
Offline
Joined:
02/13/2012

I started a cheat sheet.  I've pieced together 12 secret identities so far.  Pretty darn proud of myself haha

However, Eric, yours still eludes me... 

Iris's picture
Offline
Joined:
06/08/2009

Haha, Eric's is one of the very few I have discovered

Ice
Offline
Joined:
02/22/2010

Eric Arthur Blair wrote:

Know the worst part... I can't connect the dots between the aliases and the names and I've been here for what seems like ages.

Me either!   surprise

Generic's picture
Offline
Joined:
02/24/2011

And you are a year older than me!

Arks's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/22/2010

Eric Arthur Blair wrote:

Know the worst part... I can't connect the dots between the aliases and the names and I've been here for what seems like ages.

I'll send you some help...

Arks's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/22/2010

Joey Bloggs wrote:

Every inn is unique

new blog article

yesyes

Arks's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/22/2010

If you 4 travelers check my blog, I posted today some great new photos of your accommodations that arrived yesterday from the state dept. of parks and tourism photographer, who spent a night in Innkeep's bedroom recently.

Well, not while she was there...

His photos are MUCH better than any I've had before, but I can't use the ones of the living/dining area because his wide angle lens makes the space look misleadingly large. But the bedroom shot is a keeper!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.