Hooray!!! sweet gift

18 replies [Last post]
Offline
Joined:
07/23/2008

Look what came in the mail today!!

I was sooo excited to receive the REAL thing!!! 

THANK YOU Camberley!! Truly Thoughtful!!

 

Yorkshire Tea!!!  (the cup is mine. well technically so is the tea now! Smiling

__________________

Sunshine

 

Offline
Joined:
05/30/2008

Wonderful!  I heart Yorkshire Tea and that's even more special because it's from Cambs' town.  Enjoy & good luck with the tea room!! 

__________________

People don't notice whether it's winter or summer when they're happy.
~ Anton Chekhov

 

Skamokawa's picture
Offline
Joined:
08/24/2008

Love this forum.  Will keep this thread in mind whenever a forum visitor makes disparaging comments about this group.  Hmmm, think I'll go make some tea and raise a cup to you all.  Thanks for today's afternoon treat!

__________________

Twin Gables Inn
On the Lower Columbia Water Trail

 

Iris's picture
Offline
Joined:
06/08/2009

How nice smiley

__________________

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..."
Mark Twain

 

Joey Camb's picture
Offline
Joined:
04/02/2010

she can also say she has a British afternoon tea expert to consult lol!

__________________

Don't mess with me today or I will kill you!!!!

 

Offline
Joined:
07/23/2008

camberleyhotelharrogate@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

she can also say she has a British afternoon tea expert to consult lol!

Camberley, You're not going to believe this... I put this pic on my fb page and my sister who lives half way round the world in Australia freaked out!!! She drinks that tea all the time and she owns the exact same tea cup! She's getting a pic to put on fb. isn't that neat?! I haven't seen my sister in over 20 years... Sad 

Joey Camb's picture
Offline
Joined:
04/02/2010

Taylors (who make the tea) are doing a huge campaign to break the USA so hopefully it will be more readily available - that's weird about your sister! you aren't twins? also do you not have Skype? you could speak and see each other any time Sad

Offline
Joined:
07/23/2008

Yes, we do skype, I meant we haven't seen each other in 'real life - face to face'. Skype is nice but you can't hug it... 

Offline
Joined:
07/23/2008

camberleyhotelharrogate@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

she can also say she has a British afternoon tea expert to consult lol!

Oh YES!!! I didn't think of that! Thanks!!! You are soooo AWESOME!! (PS... which one are you in the pics you sent me?? ) 

Joey Camb's picture
Offline
Joined:
04/02/2010

2nd from the right - looks like I don't have any eyes!

Offline
Joined:
07/23/2008

camberleyhotelharrogate@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

2nd from the right - looks like I don't have any eyes!

awesome! Now I have a face to go with the precious gift!

Offline
Joined:
07/23/2008

camberleyhotelharrogate@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

she can also say she has a British afternoon tea expert to consult lol!

Oh YES!!! I didn't think of that! Thanks!!! You are soooo AWESOME!! (PS... which one are you in the pics you sent me?? ) 

gillumhouse's picture
Online
Joined:
05/22/2008

She has sent some to me also. She is a sweetie!! Enjoy. It is wonderful tea. I also have some roobis from South Africa that an innkeeper sent me from there.

Innkeep's picture
Offline
Joined:
06/04/2008

Cambs, You are such a thoughtful person.  Such a sweet gift, and a great way for Sunshine to open!

Offline
Joined:
07/23/2008

road tripping group, ... I'll save some to share with you! Eye-wink

 

Breakfast Diva's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/26/2009

What a wonderful & thoughtful gift from Cambs! Love the tea cup also...we use Old Country Rose everyday to serve our breakfasts on. Yours has a much fancier handle though!

 

Offline
Joined:
07/23/2008

Breakfast Nemo wrote:

What a wonderful & thoughtful gift from Cambs! Love the tea cup also...we use Old Country Rose everyday to serve our breakfasts on. Yours has a much fancier handle though!

 

Unfortunately I don't have a complete set. I picked this one up by itself somewhere cuz its so pretty! 

but its not old country rose I don't think ... it has a sticker on the bottom of the plate that says Veago ( I think the manufacturer?) and the cup says June Rose. 

It's one of my favorites tho!

Breakfast Diva's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/26/2009

Sunshine wrote:

Breakfast Nemo wrote:

What a wonderful & thoughtful gift from Cambs! Love the tea cup also...we use Old Country Rose everyday to serve our breakfasts on. Yours has a much fancier handle though!

 

Unfortunately I don't have a complete set. I picked this one up by itself somewhere cuz its so pretty! 

but its not old country rose I don't think ... it has a sticker on the bottom of the plate that says Veago ( I think the manufacturer?) and the cup says June Rose. 

It's one of my favorites tho!

I just did a little searching on ebay and it looks like Royal Albert has done a flower of the month series. It's definitely Royal Albert, but I don't know what the Veago is. Can't find it anywhere. I also don't see your exact cup with the fancy handle.

Looks like the exact flower pattern, but different handle. Here is ours:

TheBeachHouse's picture
Offline
Joined:
06/24/2013

sweet!

__________________

TBH

 

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.