Changes in Inn and coffee and different services.

8 replies [Last post]
Flower's picture
Offline
Joined:
06/19/2011

I have observe that Jump Rock seems to report more on big Inns . Not much on small one or two unite operations.  They seem to stay in the bigger accommodations

I must say there picture are beautiful.

 But I have  found that  out west seems to make stronger tasting coffee. Maybe because of the roast of the bean is deeper. Yes the  south seems to have a much milder palate. But could that be because the water is different? Plus not all coffee pots heat the water at the correct temp

.Many factors come into play when one makes coffee. Who's to say one method is better then the other

.Even different express coffee machine or perked. or the Greek way of making coffee will taste different.

Taste different comes  with a personal liking also.

__________________

Flower

 

egoodell's picture
Offline
Joined:
06/01/2008

Huh, I guess you all are talking about them saying that many inns have lousy coffee? I was not impressed. By the way, Kathleen, yours was delicious!!!  Right now we are using Starbucks and our guests like it very much.

I tried to book JR to come and do my inn. They cancelled on me. I was not impressed. But as mentioned, I only have four rooms so was not a big enough fish for them, I guess. So I'll be trying someone else who will keep their appointment.

Riki

__________________

Riki Goodell
Arcady Vineyard Bed & Breakfast
Arcady Vineyard Wine Tours
www.arcadyvineyard.com
Come! Let us show you the beautiful Monticello Appellation!

 

gillumhouse's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/22/2008

I just roasted it - you folks brewed it.

Arks's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/22/2010

egoodell wrote:

By the way, Kathleen, yours was delicious!!!

That's the truth! And I kept for myself every bean she left here. No sharing!

I'll bet she'd be a good winemaker too!

__________________

All saints can do miracles, but few of them can keep hotel. ~ Mark Twain

 

Offline
Joined:
06/24/2008

Arks wrote:

egoodell wrote:

By the way, Kathleen, yours was delicious!!!

That's the truth! And I kept for myself every bean she left here. No sharing!

I'll bet she'd be a good winemaker too!

Amen!  Excellent down to the last drop! 

Breakfast Diva's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/26/2009

We're in the Pacific Northwest. Home to Starbucks. Our guests like it so strong that we can't get it strong enough with a drip machine. We've now got a big French Press for each room so they can let it steep as long as they want for strong coffee.

Kay Nein's picture
Offline
Joined:
02/13/2012

We are in the South - Floridians running an Inn in Georgia.  We like our coffee strong!  We get alot of compliments about the coffee and rarely will someone complain that it's too strong.  

Just Say No To Weak Coffee!

 

Arks's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/22/2010

Flower wrote:

I have observe that Jump Rock seems to report more on big Inns . Not much on small one or two unite operations.  They seem to stay in the bigger accommodations.

They are an inn photography company. They blog about the inns that hire them. They are expensive because they are the best, so it's natural that it's mostly bigger inns that can afford to hire them.

Ice
Offline
Joined:
02/22/2010

Arks wrote:

Flower wrote:

I have observe that Jump Rock seems to report more on big Inns . Not much on small one or two unite operations.  They seem to stay in the bigger accommodations.

They are an inn photography company. They blog about the inns that hire them. They are expensive because they are the best, so it's natural that it's mostly bigger inns that can afford to hire them.

That's because big Inns are the only ones that can afford them!

__________________

"Do not put off until tomorrow what can be put off till day-after-tomorrow just as well." Mark Twain

 

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.