We got press!!! Totally unexpected!

17 replies [Last post]
TheBeachHouse's picture
Offline
Joined:
06/24/2013

This article is all over Facebook today.   Town #3 is us and we got mentioned as "the B&B experience."

We didn't know it was coming!   I only learned about it when someone posted it to our Inn Page on FB.  Pretty darned excited! 

http://www.buzzfeed.com/adamdavis/charming-small-new-england-towns-you-absolutely-need-to-v

 

__________________

TBH

 

white pine's picture
Offline
Joined:
02/02/2010

Sweet Surprise!!!  Bet your bookings jump!

__________________

"Only philosophers and fools try to know the unknowable" Nero Wolfe

 

Madeleine's picture
Offline
Joined:
09/29/2011

Congrats! That's a wonderful boost! Make sure you put a link on your website to the article and blog it.

__________________

Everyday, for good or ill, we intersect with some else's story and become a part of it.

 

Silverspoon's picture
Offline
Joined:
10/16/2011

yesThat is great!  You are building a successful business for sure! 

__________________

Gardens are not made by singing "Oh, how beautiful" and sitting in the shade.
Rudyard Kipling (1865-1936)

 

Breakfast Diva's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/26/2009

That's fabulous!! Also send it to your local papers. They tend to print anything that other publications have printed (less work for them).

gillumhouse's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/22/2008

Congratulations!!! May the reservation system buzzzzzzzzz

TheBeachHouse's picture
Offline
Joined:
06/24/2013

Thanks all!  I could not be more excited.   I have printed the article for our 'press scrapbook.'  (It's an old fashioned paper based thing.)  Eye-wink

We paid for an article in a local ad mag and we are being interviewed for an article on home improvement for a local home mag today.  

So we will have three.  

I'm planning to send the home improvement article to Better Homes and Gardens, Country Living, Yankee, HGTV and anyone else I can think of.  Worth a try, eh?

gillumhouse's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/22/2008

Definitely send it - you have nothing to lose other than the cost of stamp & envelope.

Joey Camb's picture
Offline
Joined:
04/02/2010

Dumm Di Duum (that's me trying to do a drum roll) super mega congrats!

__________________

Don't mess with me today or I will kill you!!!!

 

Ice
Offline
Joined:
02/22/2010

Awesome!    yes

__________________

"Do not put off until tomorrow what can be put off till day-after-tomorrow just as well." Mark Twain

 

egoodell's picture
Offline
Joined:
06/01/2008

Nice! Great photos of all the towns, too!

__________________

Riki Goodell
Arcady Vineyard Bed & Breakfast
Arcady Vineyard Wine Tours
www.arcadyvineyard.com
Come! Let us show you the beautiful Monticello Appellation!

 

seashanty's picture
Offline
Joined:
06/02/2008

  yay!  yes

TheBeachHouse's picture
Offline
Joined:
06/24/2013

Do places like this have mystery shoppers?  I honestly don't have any idea how they found us or why they highlighted us.    I'll take it, though.  No argument!

Arks's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/22/2010

TheBeachHouse wrote:

Do places like this have mystery shoppers?  I honestly don't have any idea how they found us or why they highlighted us.    I'll take it, though.  No argument!

I'll bet they just relied on your good TA rating.

Congrats!

__________________

All saints can do miracles, but few of them can keep hotel. ~ Mark Twain

 

Offline
Joined:
10/07/2008

Arks wrote:

TheBeachHouse wrote:

Do places like this have mystery shoppers?  I honestly don't have any idea how they found us or why they highlighted us.    I'll take it, though.  No argument!

I'll bet they just relied on your good TA rating.

Congrats!

Agreed. The photos are from TA as well.

Yes they are #1 of the HOTELS in this town.

Confusing as you say B&B, but listed as a hotel. I think you mentioned this before Beachhouse. Either way, keep it like it is as you show at the top, even with a fraction of the reviews the other "hotels" have!

Goes to show a few GREAT reviews go further than a few hundred good and great reviews, or is it because Beachhouse reviews are more current than the others...could be that too!

If anyone understands the new algorhythm of TA please chime in.

__________________

Gluten free is never free. - Joey Bloggs

 

Offline
Joined:
10/07/2008

TheBeachHouse wrote:

Do places like this have mystery shoppers?  I honestly don't have any idea how they found us or why they highlighted us.    I'll take it, though.  No argument!

Now this is what I would do -  share it everywhere you can! Put it on your website:

"We're #3 on the list of 24 Small New England Towns You Absolutely Need To Visit"

Blog WHY people need to visit, and use a link to this article, and mention. 

A list of things to see and do, with a link to this article, and mention.

etc

 

TheBeachHouse's picture
Offline
Joined:
06/24/2013

Joey Bloggs wrote:

TheBeachHouse wrote:

Do places like this have mystery shoppers?  I honestly don't have any idea how they found us or why they highlighted us.    I'll take it, though.  No argument!

Now this is what I would do -  share it everywhere you can! Put it on your website:

"We're #3 on the list of 24 Small New England Towns You Absolutely Need To Visit"

Blog WHY people need to visit, and use a link to this article, and mention. 

A list of things to see and do, with a link to this article, and mention.

etc

 

 

Already working on it!

Offline
Joined:
10/07/2008

yesyes

You are awesome BeachHouse! Well done.

 

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.