Difficult age

7 replies [Last post]
Madeleine's picture
Offline
Joined:
09/29/2011

We have a cute plush toy we give to kids. I generally draw the line around age 10 or 11 but sometimes I go up to 13.

Had it in the room the other day for a 12 yo. She all but turned her nose up. She left it behind.

Today's kid is 13. She hugged it and thanked me.

Tough crowd.

__________________

Everyday, for good or ill, we intersect with some else's story and become a part of it.

 

Ice
Offline
Joined:
02/22/2010

Madeleine wrote:

We have a cute plush toy we give to kids. I generally draw the line around age 10 or 11 but sometimes I go up to 13.

What a cute ideal!

__________________

"Do not put off until tomorrow what can be put off till day-after-tomorrow just as well." Mark Twain

 

Offline
Joined:
04/02/2014

My daughter is 12 and still loves stuffed animals.  Although she's very grown up, she still is drawn the kids stuff.  She has friends however the same age who are only into mature, older teen stuff trying to be older than they really are.  It all depends.  I'd keep doing it and those who love it are the ones that you're doing it for, forget the others.

Offline
Joined:
05/22/2008

My husband still gives me stuffed toys Smiling  He has no imagination when it comes to gifts. But I do appreciate the thought Smiling

Offline
Joined:
10/07/2008

MtnKeeper wrote:

My daughter is 12 and still loves stuffed animals.  Although she's very grown up, she still is drawn the kids stuff.  She has friends however the same age who are only into mature, older teen stuff trying to be older than they really are.  It all depends.  I'd keep doing it and those who love it are the ones that you're doing it for, forget the others.

Good for her!

or we can put it this way, for those who think they are kiddie toys...if a boy gave it to her then it is roolly cool! 

__________________

Gluten free is never free. - Joey Bloggs

 

Offline
Joined:
10/07/2008

I guess maybe they thought it was for their child. You know, gee how did the innkeeper know? We live in a messed up world.

Madeleine's picture
Offline
Joined:
09/29/2011

Joey Bloggs wrote:

I guess maybe they thought it was for their child. You know, gee how did the innkeeper know? We live in a messed up world.

I only know because they tell me. If they never mention the kid or the kid's age there's no stuffed animal.

If they forgot to tell me how old the kid is and I see the kid at check in, I will grab a toy when I get the room keys. Usually it's in the room with a little note telling the kid to 'take me home!'

I had a kid from Italy so excited he kept wanting his parents to tell me thank you. He finally said it himself but it was hard for him to get the words out. They even stopped me in the street to tell me again.

On another note, a guest booked a 2-person pkg with 3 people in the room. I emailed to ask if anyone was a kid. "No, we're not kids," was what I got back. It just seemed short at the time. Most people give some detail. We're best friends from college, mother and adult daughters, something like that.

Offline
Joined:
05/22/2008

Ya never know. Some are still kids and others are already adults..so they think blush

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.