don't want to get my hopes up, but..

22 replies [Last post]
Offline
Joined:
07/23/2008

 When checking my stats, I see visitors that visit my website pages back and forth from 17 - 34 pages total!

 They come back over several days span. 

 I don't want to get my hopes up, but can't help but wonder if these folks are actually considering BUYING! Who visits a website that many times before  booking a room?? 

 I know not to get my hopes up, but I'm with JB... I'm sooooo READY!! 

__________________

Sunshine

 

Offline
Joined:
07/23/2008

 Thank you guys for all the input. It is so easy to get discourage, and negative. the advice to stay positive is good. You are right ... negative energy is not good. Thanks for the reminder! 

We haven't had anyone look for over a year! But I know, in Gods time. 

gillumhouse's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/22/2008

I am a believer that all good things will come. It never hurts to BELIEVE. Keep the FAITH!! I tell that to my guest/friend every time she  gets on a downer (and SHE is the mother superior of the SOSK!)  KEEP THE FAITH!!!

Offline
Joined:
01/12/2013

Oh come on!    There is nothing wrong with having your hopes up.  Having a positive outlook and being excited about something tends to open doors for good things to come into your life.    And no, I'm not some 60's stoner hippy or Pollyanna, but I believe that hoping for something and thinking good thoughts is so much better for you than always expecting the worst. 

 Y'all are a bunch of Debbie Downers! smiley

Offline
Joined:
05/22/2008

Sorry about that....Yes, I have always been a pessimist...so my hubby says. I prefer the title realist crying

Did you plant your St. Joseph statue yet Smiling

Offline
Joined:
01/12/2013

I did!  And my neighbor cleansed and blessed my house.  It may not bring me a buyer right away, but damn, I feel good!  It really did help my attitude.  As she was walking through the house with her sage burning and saying prayers, she walked into my quarters and actually took a step back, saying "Oh, wow."  Hahaha...I asked her later what that was all about and she said the negative energy almost knocked her over.  I have no doubt - this is where I come to get on the phone with my friends and vent, and come here to the forum and complain, and hang up the phone from a caller and roll my eyes at some of the stupidity.  This is my sanctuary, and anything goes, and lately, it's been a lot of negativity.

Believer or no, I kid you not that this house feels different.  Bring on our buyers!

gillumhouse's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/22/2008

I go get a whack & a doo. I notice when I am coming to the end of my rope I let my hair do whatever (and it usually is partly because it is time for a whack). A whack & a dooo do wonders for my spirits. I actually look good for a day or two (until sleeping has destroyed the doo)

gillumhouse's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/22/2008

Did not have the cajones to do a before , but this is the magic Melissa worked. My first Selfie too.

selfie

TheBeachHouse's picture
Offline
Joined:
06/24/2013

gillumhouse wrote:

Did not have the cajones to do a before , but this is the magic Melissa worked. My first Selfie too.

selfie

 

awesome.   nice doo.  and nice work with the camera!

__________________

TBH

 

Joey Camb's picture
Offline
Joined:
04/02/2010

I ain't doing mine, have a GIANT fricking spot! plus have DH's friends wedding tomorrow - ruddy priceless

__________________

Don't mess with me today or I will kill you!!!!

 

Offline
Joined:
01/12/2013

Gorgeous! Whack & doo....hahahaha cheeky

Offline
Joined:
07/23/2008

gillumhouse wrote:

I go get a whack & a doo. I notice when I am coming to the end of my rope I let my hair do whatever (and it usually is partly because it is time for a whack). A whack & a dooo do wonders for my spirits. I actually look good for a day or two (until sleeping has destroyed the doo)

CRACK ME UP!!

 

Offline
Joined:
07/23/2008

gillumhouse wrote:

I go get a whack & a doo. I notice when I am coming to the end of my rope I let my hair do whatever (and it usually is partly because it is time for a whack). A whack & a dooo do wonders for my spirits. I actually look good for a day or two (until sleeping has destroyed the doo)

CRACK ME UP!!

 

Offline
Joined:
01/12/2013

This had me cracking up.  A whack & a doo!  Hahahaha Smiling  Thanks for the first giggle of the day smiley

gillumhouse's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/22/2008

Right now I am singing "Hair Gets in my eyes....."

Madeleine's picture
Offline
Joined:
09/29/2011

BananaE29 wrote:

I did!  And my neighbor cleansed and blessed my house.  It may not bring me a buyer right away, but damn, I feel good!  It really did help my attitude.  As she was walking through the house with her sage burning and saying prayers, she walked into my quarters and actually took a step back, saying "Oh, wow."  Hahaha...I asked her later what that was all about and she said the negative energy almost knocked her over.  I have no doubt - this is where I come to get on the phone with my friends and vent, and come here to the forum and complain, and hang up the phone from a caller and roll my eyes at some of the stupidity.  This is my sanctuary, and anything goes, and lately, it's been a lot of negativity.

Believer or no, I kid you not that this house feels different.  Bring on our buyers!

I find I have to give myself a break sometimes from complaining because it does impact my surroundings.

 

__________________

Everyday, for good or ill, we intersect with some else's story and become a part of it.

 

Offline
Joined:
07/23/2008

BananaE29 wrote:

I did!  And my neighbor cleansed and blessed my house.  It may not bring me a buyer right away, but damn, I feel good!  It really did help my attitude.  As she was walking through the house with her sage burning and saying prayers, she walked into my quarters and actually took a step back, saying "Oh, wow."  Hahaha...I asked her later what that was all about and she said the negative energy almost knocked her over.  I have no doubt - this is where I come to get on the phone with my friends and vent, and come here to the forum and complain, and hang up the phone from a caller and roll my eyes at some of the stupidity.  This is my sanctuary, and anything goes, and lately, it's been a lot of negativity.

Believer or no, I kid you not that this house feels different.  Bring on our buyers!

yes

happykeeper's picture
Offline
Joined:
12/11/2008

I am a firm believer that ACTIONS that we take to create a space and place for the change we seek can only be helpful.

So I would say... don't look for signs...make signs and clear the brush on the path that leads to what you want.

Having someone bless your house is an action, burying St. Joe is an action, telling others that you are confident that your place will sell is an action. The more actions you take, the clearer the path.

__________________

Take a leap.... and a net will appear

 

Offline
Joined:
07/23/2008

happykeeper wrote:

I am a firm believer that ACTIONS that we take to create a space and place for the change we seek can only be helpful.

So I would say... don't look for signs...make signs and clear the brush on the path that leads to what you want.

Having someone bless your house is an action, burying St. Joe is an action, telling others that you are confident that your place will sell is an action. The more actions you take, the clearer the path.

yes

Offline
Joined:
05/22/2008

Please don't get your hopes up over something like this. It can be any number of reasons as Dumitru has indicated.

dumitru's picture
Offline
Joined:
10/07/2013

They could be:

1. Bots
2. People stealing your content
3. People stealing your design
4. Undecided customers.

Pick your poison Smiling

__________________

https://www.hermesthemes.com/ - WordPress Themes for Independent Hotels, Inns and B&Bs

 

Offline
Joined:
01/12/2013

Get your hopes up!  Think good things.  Put that positivity out there in the universe and it will come back to you!  The Super Moon is a great time for new beginnings, and the right person is coming along for all of us soon Smiling  Believe it! heart
 

Offline
Joined:
07/23/2008

BananaE29 wrote:

Get your hopes up!  Think good things.  Put that positivity out there in the universe and it will come back to you!  The Super Moon is a great time for new beginnings, and the right person is coming along for all of us soon Smiling  Believe it! heart
 

yes

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.