Holy cow - fire!

6 replies [Last post]
Morticia's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/22/2008

Guests plugged in a dual phone/gadget charger and left it under the pillow. Housekeeper went to strip beds, pulled back covers and the charger made a huge ‘pop’ and started smoking. Totally fried the charger and exploded the connector. Housekeeper’s hands were all black from touching it. Luckily not burned!

Gomez had to disassemble the outlet to inspect it for damage and possible internal fire in the wall. He’s got all the gadgets, so he tested everything electrical before reassembling the outlet.

 Yikes! What an exciting morning!

__________________

What a long, strange trip it’s been.

 

Arks's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/22/2010

Hope they don't look for a way to blame you for the problem! You know people...

__________________

All saints can do miracles, but few of them can keep hotel. ~ Mark Twain

 

Morticia's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/22/2008

Arks wrote:

Hope they don't look for a way to blame you for the problem! You know people...

 I’ve been waiting for the call looking for the missing chargers.

gillumhouse's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/22/2008

Glad Hubs was able to check things out. Electrician fees would not fit under the cost of doing business in my estimation. 

Unfortunately, the only cure for stupid is illegal.

TheBeachHouse's picture
Offline
Joined:
06/24/2013

I’d be very angry.  

__________________

TBH

 

Morticia's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/22/2008

TheBeachHouse wrote:

I’d be very angry.  

 yeah, I was peeved, mostly because Gomez was totally stressed after trying to feed a group that could not sit down.

JimBoone's picture
Offline
Joined:
12/18/2014

Good timing, folks don't really think ahead, glad this was just excitement and not a disaster

__________________

Jim & Maxine

 

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.