“What Font Should I Use?”: Five Principles for Choosing and Using Typefaces

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. Now I wonder- do we need to worry about typefaces not showing as we would like on out websites or are most computers now able to render whatever we select? Should we stick with the basic 3-4 typefaces or is it ok to branch out now?

It used to be "TT" next to a font was true type which was readable across the board. I didn't see any mention of any ultra fancy fonts on there, they seem to all be standard, and therefore probably TT.

If you're wanting visitors to be able to read your type, avoid ultra fancy. Stylized is O.K., but it should resemble the English alphabet.

It used to be "TT" next to a font was true type which was readable across the board. I didn't see any mention of any ultra fancy fonts on there, they seem to all be standard, and therefore probably TT..
I only glanced at the article. Was this in reference to web sites or just general use of fonts. Note what kind of font they used in their text. SAN SERIF. I go round and round with a journalist who wants me to use a specific font on a website and it is serif and hard to read...it is for print. She knows nothing about web and I try to tell her we have to stick to the basics and make it easy to read on line. Also user can still change their browser settings and..if they don't have that font on their computer...it will default to whatever. So sticking to the basic used fonts I think is a good thing.

Back