#1 Ladies Detective Agency

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ginocat

Reaction score
If any of you have read this series of books and have enjoyed them - the TV series begins tonight on HBO. It was filmed in Botswana where the series takes place. It is getting excellent reviews!

I listen to these books on tape all the time. I love the accent of the woman who is the reader, and now I actually know how to pronounce the names.

Lots of libraries are doing a 'ladies' night to watch the series opener.

I love them!! Just bought another one last month and devoured it.
DANG!! We do not get HBO!

DANG!! We do not get HBO!.
gillumhouse said:
Nor do I get HBO. But, given the previews, I think my imagination is better anyway.

gillumhouse said:
Nor do I get HBO. But, given the previews, I think my imagination is better anyway.
I understand. I remember my disappointment when the movie version of Freckles came out. I loved that book and Hollywood butchered it. They totally left out the Girl of the Limberlost and so much of the rest of it that the only thing resembling the book by Gene Stratton Porter was the title.

gillumhouse said:
I understand. I remember my disappointment when the movie version of Freckles came out. I loved that book and Hollywood butchered it. They totally left out the Girl of the Limberlost and so much of the rest of it that the only thing resembling the book by Gene Stratton Porter was the title.
gillumhouse said:
Wasn't the girl a big part of the whole story?

gillumhouse said:
gillumhouse said:
Wasn't the girl a big part of the whole story?
Yes. There was a second book called Girl of the Limberlost but she was a huge part of Freckles. Leaving her out gutted the story.

Well, the series is gonna be a good one. Casting is excellent and Jill Scott makes a perfect "Precious". We absolutely loved it!

Back