-10 degrees 7:00 a.m.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Tipsy Butler

Reaction score
Got up, started breakfast, made the coffee and then went outside. Thermostat said minus 5 degrees, but because it's cheap and old (kind of like me) I didn't believe it so checked on weather.com. I was right, the thermostat was wrong - it was actually minus 10 degrees. It's now 9:30 and we have gone up to minus 4.

One of the MANY reasons I wanted to get out of the Chicago burbs! I remember one week that never went above -20 and many, many times that zero was welcomed!
Tipsy, stay warm. I now go into Illinois mode when it hits +20. (shiver - shiver)

10 degrees here, but that was on the 'sunny' side of the house, so could have been completely wrong. It looked much colder! You know, the chimney smoke goes straight up. I have the same thermometer- old & cheap.
wink_smile.gif

Oh look at that- the fuel oil guy just rolled in- must be cold!

One word--BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR shiver BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
stay warm-hubied grew up in N Minnessotta-wil NEVER live where its that cold forever-may take a job there but prefer warmrer temps

That's just not cold, that's f***ing cold!
That's Birdseye frozen food cold.
That's you can freeze-dry your own coffee cold.
That's electrons slow and atoms stop their motion cold.
I'm ready for Spring.

I'm ready for Spring..
Me too!!! as I shiver in my Library because I am too cheap to plug in the space heater DH unplugged while I was gone. The
potty-mouth.gif
thing was turned off! It would NOT have come on automatically. I inherited this one because it is noisy and the one I had was quiet.

Nine degrees here this am 7" of snow last night, 25mph winds. Keeps out the riff-raff.

Wait til tomorrow! If you had belows the other day and I didn't and I'm going to be getting them tomorrow, well then...

I'm ready for Spring..
Oh PT - I agree .....BUT - come here in the summer. The days are WOT (ie warm to hot) and at night it is beatifically cool. Now I can't promise anything, but I would really enjoy meeting you and showing you our own dubious brand of innkeeping. You (and of course everyone else on this forum) would get our innkeeper discount .... Take the highest available room rate, deduct that rate and you have your bottom line.

I'm ready for Spring..
Oh PT - I agree .....BUT - come here in the summer. The days are WOT (ie warm to hot) and at night it is beatifically cool. Now I can't promise anything, but I would really enjoy meeting you and showing you our own dubious brand of innkeeping. You (and of course everyone else on this forum) would get our innkeeper discount .... Take the highest available room rate, deduct that rate and you have your bottom line.
WOW! We have the same rate! I am going to get to meet Harry and his wife in Feb as they slide down from Ontario (I DO hope they leave their Arctic air at home!) to hopscotch to their ultimate destination.

Back