10 pet peeves from the Hotel Inspector

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. I agree whole-heartedly. Never heard of a bath waiter, sounds awful. I'd add a turn-down service to the list of atrificialies, I find it an intrusion. I'm slobbed out in my bathrobe, drinking tea and watching TV when some stranger wants to come into my room and muck about with the bed, which I was relaxing on.
It's amazing, from watching the program, how many owners seem to have a totally dislocated view of how their property is compared with guests, and even faced with pages of terrible reviews still insist they are doing everthing right and shouldn't change even though the business is going down the pan and they are heading for backrupcy.

Wonder how she feels about toilet paper origami.

she sounds really grumpy to me ... loads of expresso can't be good for this sleep-deprived woman!
i thought of responding to her gripes but, hey, she's got gripes so let her go with it. we've all got them.
i stayed at a place and liked the pillow menu -- except i wasn't sure what kind of pillow so i asked if i could have an assortment of a few kinds i checked off and they GAVE THEM TO ME. tip!!
the towel art? i've only encountered it on a cruise ship and i liked that, too. but my REAL towels WERE hanging in the bathroom where they belonged.
i probably wouldn't like to have to decapitate a towel swan to take a shower.
wink_smile.gif

she sounds really grumpy to me ... loads of expresso can't be good for this sleep-deprived woman!
i thought of responding to her gripes but, hey, she's got gripes so let her go with it. we've all got them.
i stayed at a place and liked the pillow menu -- except i wasn't sure what kind of pillow so i asked if i could have an assortment of a few kinds i checked off and they GAVE THEM TO ME. tip!!
the towel art? i've only encountered it on a cruise ship and i liked that, too. but my REAL towels WERE hanging in the bathroom where they belonged.
i probably wouldn't like to have to decapitate a towel swan to take a shower.
wink_smile.gif
I never understood towels on the beds. You have to have a place to hang them in the bathroom, so just put them there to start with! I will admit to towel origami. I saw it at a hotel out west and thought how cute it looked, a little extra pop. I just do one fan, tho, nothing intricate.

Interesting. I agree whole-heartedly. Never heard of a bath waiter, sounds awful. I'd add a turn-down service to the list of atrificialies, I find it an intrusion. I'm slobbed out in my bathrobe, drinking tea and watching TV when some stranger wants to come into my room and muck about with the bed, which I was relaxing on.
It's amazing, from watching the program, how many owners seem to have a totally dislocated view of how their property is compared with guests, and even faced with pages of terrible reviews still insist they are doing everthing right and shouldn't change even though the business is going down the pan and they are heading for backrupcy..
there was one clip - she was like "so why does your hotel have such terrible reviews?" and the owner was like "oh its my competition ganging up on me!!" really!!

Back