10 Ways to Turn Online Reviews into More Loyal Customers

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
[COLOR= rgb(68, 68, 68)]10 Ways to Turn Online Reviews into More Loyal Customers [/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(68, 68, 68)]http://bit.ly/humuai[/COLOR]
JB - This article requires some careful consideration. Good article.
Nothing worse than reading a review "sorry YOU felt that way" how about just sorry we didn't live up! No matter what happened, the reader will NEVER KNOW what happened, so make it short and sweet and be NICE! Turn the tables on 'em people!
They review due to EMOTIONS #1 first and foremost. We have to not respond with our emotions. I am not fond of replies or shall I call them "rebuttals" to reviews that are addressed the reader and NOT the reviewer. That is my opinion.
Go ahead read it and share your thoughts! We wanna hear your take!
(PS pls remember when I post this stuff, I don't write it and I am not agree with it 100%, it is an FYI only)

I don't respond to every review. Maybe if I did I'd have more of them, maybe not. Why I don't is because, as a reader of reviews, I don't want to wade thru a lot of 'Oh, you're wonderful,' 'No, no, YOU'RE wonderful!' crap. Mutual admiration society junk. I HAVE thanked the reviewer privately IF I can figure out who they are.
There are 2 (or more) different kinds of bad reviews- guests you are horrified you let down and guests you wouldn't want back in a million years. You treat those cases differently, unlike the blogger who says to treat everyone the same. I don't want the folks who panned us coming back. I know who they are and I wouldn't offer them a dime to come back. They were wretched guests.
However, there are some folks who told us they were unhappy but never left a review. Those guests I would like to try to make more comfortable on another visit. But, given what they were upset about (talking during breakfast) I can't help them without offering them breakfast in their room. So, there's an idea.
lightbulb.gif
It never occurred to me until just this moment. Duh.
I read reviews with an eye to how I can improve the things I want to improve. If someone has to have a jetted tub or a huge bathroom that's not going to happen. If they thought the portions at breakfast were too small, I can work on that. Some things we cannot fix. I can't move the house so it's closer, farther, whatever the guest wishes it was.
Truly, my demographic does not live online. They may shop online, make reservations and things like that but they don't live on Facebook, don't know what Twitter is, don't write reviews, don't have a blog, don't tell everyone online what a great time they had.

I don't respond to every review. Maybe if I did I'd have more of them, maybe not. Why I don't is because, as a reader of reviews, I don't want to wade thru a lot of 'Oh, you're wonderful,' 'No, no, YOU'RE wonderful!' crap. Mutual admiration society junk. I HAVE thanked the reviewer privately IF I can figure out who they are.
There are 2 (or more) different kinds of bad reviews- guests you are horrified you let down and guests you wouldn't want back in a million years. You treat those cases differently, unlike the blogger who says to treat everyone the same. I don't want the folks who panned us coming back. I know who they are and I wouldn't offer them a dime to come back. They were wretched guests.
However, there are some folks who told us they were unhappy but never left a review. Those guests I would like to try to make more comfortable on another visit. But, given what they were upset about (talking during breakfast) I can't help them without offering them breakfast in their room. So, there's an idea.
lightbulb.gif
I read reviews with an eye to how I can improve the things I want to improve. If someone has to have a jetted tub or a huge bathroom that's not going to happen. If they thought the portions at breakfast were too small, I can work on that. Some things we cannot fix. I can't move the house so it's closer, farther, whatever the guest wishes it was.
Truly, my demographic does not live online. They may shop online, make reservations and things like that but they don't live on Facebook, don't know what Twitter is, don't write reviews, don't have a blog, don't tell everyone online what a great time they had..
Alibi Ike said:
Truly, my demographic does not live online. They may shop online, make reservations and things like that but they don't live on Facebook, don't know what Twitter is, don't write reviews, don't have a blog, don't tell everyone online what a great time they had.
This is so true. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle the younger ones who do live online all the time.

lightbulb.gif
Truly, my demographic does not live online. They may shop online, make reservations and things like that but they don't live on Facebook, don't know what Twitter is, don't write reviews, don't have a blog, don't tell everyone online what a great time they had..
Alibi Ike said:
This is so true. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle the younger ones who do live online all the time.
Innkeep said:
Alibi Ike said:
They can be a little scary. You're sitting there carrying on a conversation and they look up from their smart phone and tell you they just wrote a review.

lightbulb.gif
Alibi Ike said:
Innkeep said:
Alibi Ike said:
They can be a little scary. You're sitting there carrying on a conversation and they look up from their smart phone and tell you they just wrote a review.
I had another "wake up call" today about how far out of it I am. I knew one guest was being picked up by his friend at 6:15. Guy is sitting in his car waiting, so I holler up to the guest that his ride is here. I go out to greet said ride to tell him his friend should be down shortly. They had already exchanged text messages. For this you pay extra on your phone bill?

lightbulb.gif
Alibi Ike said:
Innkeep said:
Alibi Ike said:
I had another "wake up call" today about how far out of it I am. I knew one guest was being picked up by his friend at 6:15. Guy is sitting in his car waiting, so I holler up to the guest that his ride is here. I go out to greet said ride to tell him his friend should be down shortly. They had already exchanged text messages. For this you pay extra on your phone bill?
I text everything cos i get unlimited free texting I think that is why a lot of people do. Round here the B&B people are terrible for texting and emailing becuase most of us have blackberrys and get everything instantly and it is free. We dont want to clog up our friends phone line (ie stopping real bookings) plus a text or email is there when they want to get to it (ie not with a customer/covered in paint/hand down a toilet) and is handy for things that just need a short answer ie are you going to the coffee morning?

lightbulb.gif
Alibi Ike said:
Innkeep said:
Alibi Ike said:
I text everything cos i get unlimited free texting I think that is why a lot of people do. Round here the B&B people are terrible for texting and emailing becuase most of us have blackberrys and get everything instantly and it is free. We dont want to clog up our friends phone line (ie stopping real bookings) plus a text or email is there when they want to get to it (ie not with a customer/covered in paint/hand down a toilet) and is handy for things that just need a short answer ie are you going to the coffee morning?
I get 100 free texts a month. Have to be careful not to go over. My son pays the bill. Sometimes I think he enjoys the pay-back when he gets to chide me for going over.

lightbulb.gif
Alibi Ike said:
Innkeep said:
Alibi Ike said:
We have a family unlimited shared data/text plan and we all use it. Our son stayed with us on the plan & pays me for his share and saves about $30/month over a single plan. He has never had a land line. We definitely get our money's worth!
I got rid of our land lines and haven't looked back.
regular_smile.gif

lightbulb.gif
Alibi Ike said:
Innkeep said:
Alibi Ike said:
Had to teach my uncle to text me and how to install and use a foreign sim card. The four of us were in Italy meeting up on a cruise ship. He lost my aunt on the way from checking in and had to text me to find her, because she had his passport and he couldn't get on. It's very convenient and cheaper than per minute calls, especially when it cuts out the pleasantries.

As we all know cheap black high heel shoes is the one of fantastic and fashion brands within the globe. Most buddies of mine are dreamed to have a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes. For it is all stylish and sexy for women, no wonder that clients are so jealous about it.The shoes from the Christian Louboutin designer home have redefined the trends in footwear fashions. A wide selection of colors and designs are obtainable. The craze of Louboutin shoes are additional observed among ladies as they're a lot more likely to experiment with various colors and styles.
Even so the price range offered by them is occasionally not cost-effective by the standard working class of people today. Nothing to get worried about, now using the introduction of Christian Louboutin Replica shoes in the industry one can get all the capabilities with the original Louboutin footwear at attractive low costs. The replica incorporates all of the exceptional characteristics of the original brand. Original Louboutin shoes are recognized by the signature tag of a glossy red sole. It also imitates this red sole tag thus giving an exact look with the original brand.
The majority of the times, men and women are worried concerning the qualities of such replica goods. On the other hand, black knee high boots for cheap 1 can go for dependable internet shops when creating such purchases. Unique care is taken inside the time of manufacturing those replicas. Variables like the suitable inclination of the heel, cheap christian louboutin boots the quality of the item are perfectly taken into account. As a result, one can get the pride of wearing the original Louboutin shoes at a much lower expense. The wide and exciting range of replicas will surely captivate the hearts of all of the fashion trendy people. One can look into the on the internet catalogue for several styles and colors. Christian Louboutin Replica will surely be a wise choice to create.
Christian Louboutin designs designed a benchmark inside the globe of designer footwear. Louboutin shoes are worldwide renowned for its good quality and fantastic stylish designs. In today's generation, men and women love to experiment with colors and designs. The availability of Louboutin shoes, in a variety of colors and an extraordinary offbeat collection of designs, has produced it well-known among the trendy crowd. Now pumps cheap , one can select from a wide range of numerous innovative and creative varieties of shoes. It's the only name exactly where you may discover the best quality along with an excellent artwork. The only drawback of these shoes is their high costs. However, together with the launch of Christian Louboutin Replica shoes in the industry, cheap christian louboutin boots you may get the identical good quality and capabilities at an definitely inexpensive price.
Yes, this can be absolutely true! Now, over the knee boots cheap cheap christian louboutin uk with Christian Louboutin Replica, it really is probable to experience the original Louboutin shoes at a cost you normally wanted. You might be thinking regardless of whether it'll be a right choice to invest for a replica product. Nicely cheap christian louboutin sale cheap christian louboutin sale, it truly is genuinely a matter of concern as unlike other accessories, leather boots for sale leather boots for sale shoes need a number of variables to be taken into account. Shoes aren't only about wearing it, a correct style is often critical. They have well trained staffs who look soon after the essential details during the manufacturing process. You may often trust them. However 1 have to confirm that she is coping with a genuine source when buying such merchandise.
Christian Louboutin replica shoes have a fantastic reputation in the marketplace globe wide. They are recognized for the items which specifically replicates the original brand. All of the famous designs regardless of whether it's the Sling back Pump or the Christian Louboutin Alta Nodo d'Orsay Bronze, are imitated perfectly. Envision if they look so marvelous inside the catalogue then how gorgeous they would look on your feet. So do not waste your time red soled shoes red soled shoes, keep in mind absolutely nothing in the marketplace can present you such excellent high quality at such low prices. knee boots cheap knee boots cheap
red soled shoes

Back