10 Year Anniversary

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
Friends will be celebrating their 10 years as a B & B. Would you do something special? They are thinking of having a drawing, putting all guest names, starting in Sept and awarding 2 night stay next Sept to the winners?
Have you done anything special for a B & B anniversary? Would you or did you give away some sort of "logo'd" 10 year memento? any ideas?? Or do you think anyone cares about this sort of thing??

One of my Innmates here in town has their Anniversary Special each year in April. The entire month, rates are 50% off. I did finally talk them into requiring a two night stay for that...they run close to 100% for the month each year, and they have 9 rooms. I think this year is 12 for them.

Fantastic idea, celebrate it!
Our BnB will be on its 20th soon (not 20 with us here) and people still call is so and so medical building in this town! ha ha I might do something like a drawing as well. I would like to hear other ideas. :)

The awarding of a stay is interesting....I would be tempted to only put in the names of people that were repeat guests. Reward their loyalty....and make sure you are awarding someone you like. vs someone that stayed once and was a real PITA or had no intention of returning.

Two years ago we celebrated our Inn's 20th year of operation. We did a drawing, each night you stayed got you one entry for the drawing, so that rewarded our longer stays and repeat guests. It was a big prize, included a 2 night stay with us in the room of their choice, dinner at our finest restaurant, and a private tour with a local historian. Probably worth about $600 total. The guests who won have been back to stay with us 4 times, all for special events that we were running that cost more $$$. They have become great friends as well!
We got a lot of mileage out of the whole promotion, press releases, etc. So it worked well for us.

We just had our 25th anniversary. For the last 25 days of the month, we gave each guest a logo'd ornament (1 per room) at the end of their stay. We also discounted our weekend rates by $25/night, as August is usually a slower month for us. At the end of the month we will do a drawing from our guests for those days and send a commemorative gift as well.
We had a small cocktail party on the actual day of the anniversary and the first owners of the inn came with some of our friends and local business colleagues. We framed the first dollar bill from the original owners and hung it over the desk, and had a birthday cake. Any guests here were invited - we were full that night, so most of them had a glass of prosecco before heading out to dinner. It was over by 7 so we didn't disrupt anybody further. A good time was had by all.

The awarding of a stay is interesting....I would be tempted to only put in the names of people that were repeat guests. Reward their loyalty....and make sure you are awarding someone you like. vs someone that stayed once and was a real PITA or had no intention of returning..
swirt said:
The awarding of a stay is interesting....I would be tempted to only put in the names of people that were repeat guests. Reward their loyalty....and make sure you are awarding someone you like. vs someone that stayed once and was a real PITA or had no intention of returning.
LOL - that's what we said. No PITAs get in the drawing. We've had a few during this stretch, that's for sure.

I made labels to put on mini back scratchers for our 7th. We have the 7-year itch, Come help us scratch it! People STILL tlk about those - to the point I have brought them back.
I did not do much for our 10th - I do not remember why. But this is our 13th and I have been running a book 2-consecutive nights at regular rate and get a 3rd night for our happy birthday rate $13 + tax.

This year is going to be 10 years for us. Hadn't given a thought to somehow making it special. Have to talk it over with hubby. 10 years really is a milestone of being innkeepers.

Not knowing the actual date/month of the opening of the BnB, would you pick a month or selection of months that are slower to promote your anniversary?

This year is going to be 10 years for us. Hadn't given a thought to somehow making it special. Have to talk it over with hubby. 10 years really is a milestone of being innkeepers..
Congtrats! How are you feeling as innkeepers? Any signs of burn out? Still loving it? Getting tired?

Back