100 Best Blogs

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had an email mentioning this.
They will want a reciprocal link/badge, so there is always that...not that I don't trust the "Top 100 Blogs and Businesses in Hospitality" I appreciate it.
Plus I don't mind being called Slick, that's my middle name you know...haha
Blog it everyone. It never hurts.

I had an email mentioning this.
They will want a reciprocal link/badge, so there is always that...not that I don't trust the "Top 100 Blogs and Businesses in Hospitality" I appreciate it.
Plus I don't mind being called Slick, that's my middle name you know...haha
Blog it everyone. It never hurts..
I found that email in my spam folder and before I knew what it was about I tossed it.
I figured there was some sort of catch. Find some really high-traffic blogs, label them 'the best' and hope they get YOUR name out there. It seemed like the hospitality blog itself only had a few entries of their own.
My link to my blog article doesn't work. I noticed quite a few of them like that. Oh well, the overall link works.

Why blog? I just got an email from a well-known New England publication asking permission to use one of my blog photos in an upcoming edition. They'll give credit for the photo that may get me some traffic.

Why blog? I just got an email from a well-known New England publication asking permission to use one of my blog photos in an upcoming edition. They'll give credit for the photo that may get me some traffic..
thumbs_up.gif

Why blog? I just got an email from a well-known New England publication asking permission to use one of my blog photos in an upcoming edition. They'll give credit for the photo that may get me some traffic..
Madeleine said:
Why blog? I just got an email from a well-known New England publication asking permission to use one of my blog photos in an upcoming edition. They'll give credit for the photo that may get me some traffic.
thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif

The more the merrier. It may be something new (this top 100 list) as it has not been on there before. But you know I see websites with badges "Named Best B&B in Buzzardville 3 years in a row" Or in our case - a B&B near here "Named Best B&B at the Lake" it is the ONLY B&B at the lake. But people from out of the area don't know that!
So take it, use it, blog it, whatever. They took some time to write out the descriptions for each blog, which I found really nice. They could have made them all the same or similar. And as I saw mentioned on a couple descriptions how the blog is an extension of the hospitality found at this inn, wow, that was really nice to read. It is true, we post things we think our guests might be interested in, or to bring them in to do them!

Sad to say, Heather Turner has done some digging and this turns out to be not as special an honor as you might like. Article here.
You could still make some of your own hay with it by blogging about the honor, but you won't want to put a link back on your website, as the 'Top 100' folks suggested you do in the followup email.

Sad to say, Heather Turner has done some digging and this turns out to be not as special an honor as you might like. Article here.
You could still make some of your own hay with it by blogging about the honor, but you won't want to put a link back on your website, as the 'Top 100' folks suggested you do in the followup email..
muirford said:
You could still make some of your own hay with it by blogging about the honor, but you won't want to put a link back on your website, as the 'Top 100' folks suggested you do in the followup email.
Oh yeah it's a link farm, no doubt about it.
We can make up our own top lists if we want to. In fact I might just do that! haha I don't think there was any big "innkeepers you are being deceived here" It's just an online game. When they mentioned it to me I googled and found nothing from them, so knew it was a link farm. Or a new list, which it could be, as I say I could create one right now too.
tounge_smile.gif

PS Just for props I went into my blog stats and saw many referrals from that link farm back to my blog, so all is well in the land of phony lists. :)

Back