106 year old muck out of carpet!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey Camb

Reaction score
My genious roofers have just put a hole throught he ceiling of room 4. They can patch the ceiling but all the bits plus the coal dust of 100 years has fallen out onto the carpet and the room is let tomorro. any suggestions for getting it out? Have tried vacuming and have got the worst out and they have offered to change the carpet but its a right nightmare on a sat morning to get it changed! as soon as they have finished patching I am going to try hand shampooing any other ideas?

Until it can be replaced is there a large throw rug you could put over it?

Some times baking soda will help . Must be dry and lightly rub it into carpet and the vaccum up. OR MAKE A PASTE OF PUT ON CARPET, THEN LET DRY AND VACCUM UP.
Oxie clean works wonders. TAKEN soot out of my carpets.
Try test strip for peroxide. Spill on let soak then blot up.
I will keep my fingers crossed that some thing will work. FAST

Until it can be replaced is there a large throw rug you could put over it?.
I wish! its right by the ruddy door so anything like that would get caught which is just bloody typical! If they had done it over the bed at least I could have taken everything off and washed it! grrr if it had been 4 inches over it would have been over the false ceiling of the bathroom!!!! typical.
Ive scrubbed the carpet with carpet detergent and it looks 75% better but think its going to need a professional clean or new carpet. Either way the roofers have to pay for it, its just something that doesn't look disasterous for tommorro night. Also have to get 2 coats of paint on the ceiling before they come in as well!

Pin a doily over it. ;-).
Arkansawyer said:
Pin a doily over it. ;-)
thumbs_up.gif

Back