11 Reasons Customers Don’t Trust Your Web Site

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
THIS IS AN EXCELLENT ARTICLE!!! Almost makes me feel like crying...we say these things so often here and people (like in this article) don't listen!
Click here for article
Excerpt:
[FONT= 'Lucida Grande']It’s written like a brochure.[/FONT]
Do you read brochures handed to you while at the mall or when walking into a new establishment? No, you don’t. You don’t read them because even though they may hold important information, they’re as engaging as the phone book. You don’t want to commit the same sin on your Web site. Write your Web site as if your customer was sitting in front of you and you were verbally explaining to them all the benefits of your company and what you offer. Said simpler: Your Web site should sound like a person, not a corporate robot. Go read your Web site aloud and see which category you fit into.
Read more at the link above.

Good one I agree. I am in process of redoing one for someone right now...painstakingly...and Mort knows why:)

and this? it is for sale just came up on bbonline fyi run as a b&B for 29 years? an example of a website in need of an overhaul... http://www.candlewickinnllc.com/

Someone in your relationship as innkeepers NEEDS to have some internet savvy. If you can't DO IT, then at least be able to recognize a decent website or not... Someone, one half or YOU if you are a solo innkeeper, hire one of the many web designers out there to make sure you photos, seo, something inviting, something lovely, these are B&B's for goodness sakes!
Sorry, I am still in shock.
cry_smile.gif

and this? it is for sale just came up on bbonline fyi run as a b&B for 29 years? an example of a website in need of an overhaul... http://www.candlewickinnllc.com/.
No photos unless you go off site? Ouch.

Someone in your relationship as innkeepers NEEDS to have some internet savvy. If you can't DO IT, then at least be able to recognize a decent website or not... Someone, one half or YOU if you are a solo innkeeper, hire one of the many web designers out there to make sure you photos, seo, something inviting, something lovely, these are B&B's for goodness sakes!
cry_smile.gif
DH has been checking all the links for the inns he's adding to the B&Bs for Vets website and has seen some pretty atrocious websites. It's not a pretty world out there.

and this? it is for sale just came up on bbonline fyi run as a b&B for 29 years? an example of a website in need of an overhaul... http://www.candlewickinnllc.com/.
hmmm I didn't think this place had been open for years. You are right about the site...POOR!!!

cry_smile.gif
DH has been checking all the links for the inns he's adding to the B&Bs for Vets website and has seen some pretty atrocious websites. It's not a pretty world out there.
Been doing the same..and it is a wonder why anyone would chose to stay at any of them:-( Makes you wonder for sure.

Back