"15% of our rooms are allotted to guests with pets."

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alibi Ike

Reaction score
That's my new answer when guests who want to bring a pet are told there are no pet rooms available. I'm tired of them grousing, 'You only have ONE room for dogs???'

Love it! Then add, "They book very quickly so we do recommend make your plans early..."

I have one room with private bath. It's basically booked almost solid until August. And I constantly get requests from one particular site which shall remain nameless (bb canada) for that room from people who want it for the next weekend. It's the only site that I get that from. And it's only for that room. I'm so tired of emails like that we are working on an autoresponder to tell them to check the website themselves to get a reply sooner than we can email a response. It's tedious!

Great response!.
I wouldn't say 15% as you know what they are like they have no clue how big you are and therefore will translate this into 15 rooms you know how they are.
I wouldn't say 15% as you know what they are like they have no clue how big you are and therefore will translate this into 15 rooms you know how they are.
That's the idea...translate it into more than it is because what it is isn't good enough for them. If they think it's 15 rooms and they're all taken, then they'll plan better next time!

All our rooms are dog friendly. We are one of the few inns in Grand County that accept pets, and in our busy season, I would say that perhaps half of our bookings are couples with one or more dogs.
It's a huge business for us. In the past two years, we have had only three potential bookings fall through because we were dog-friendly: two because of allergies, and one because we didn't welcome cats.
Oh, well.

All our rooms are dog friendly. We are one of the few inns in Grand County that accept pets, and in our busy season, I would say that perhaps half of our bookings are couples with one or more dogs.
It's a huge business for us. In the past two years, we have had only three potential bookings fall through because we were dog-friendly: two because of allergies, and one because we didn't welcome cats.
Oh, well..
HighMountainLodge said:
Oh, well.
Interesting! Thanks for the insite!

Back