18th Century - Yip-yip-yahoo!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, folks, For the non-believers - I just got a Webervations (and have called and received the cc# as a guarantee) reservation for my 18th Century Thanksgiving - and it was just posted to my web site as being bookable online LAST WEEK!! This is not a chump-change rez. The 3 nights with Thanksgiving dinner & a soup, salad and rolls supper is $650. I hav e a 15 day cancellation on this one for 50% of total. (She was worried about swine flu because they both work in education.)
This is the first time I have EVER had a package bookable. It will not be the last!!
Yip-yip-yahoo!!! Whahoooo!!!!!!

YAY!! I also have been loving the ability to make packages bookable on Webervations. Good for you!!!! Your Thanksgiving feast sounds unbelievable.

Good for you!
The thing I did find out about the Packages in Webervations is you cannot make them exclusive, ie, you cannot block off the other rooms and make the package the ONLY thing bookable that day.
Case in point NY's Eve package, you may ONLY stay here that night and second night on the package as we will serve a brunch and have a late check out for guests and other add ons in the package.
I spoke to Weberv's about it and what I did creatively, to curtail the system was make it a 2 night min online AND make the rate higher - so if you TRY to book online without the package it is the package price per night.
So say instead of $150 a night, it is $250 a night.
I also have a note on the online form saying Only NY Eve package on that date.
Explanation - it is NOT an add on package, it is the ONLY package to stay here n NY's, 2 night min with dinner etc.
FYI In case any one else wants to do this for a holiday or special event. To make it an online package vs having them call to book it and making ALL rooms for the package.

Good for you!
The thing I did find out about the Packages in Webervations is you cannot make them exclusive, ie, you cannot block off the other rooms and make the package the ONLY thing bookable that day.
Case in point NY's Eve package, you may ONLY stay here that night and second night on the package as we will serve a brunch and have a late check out for guests and other add ons in the package.
I spoke to Weberv's about it and what I did creatively, to curtail the system was make it a 2 night min online AND make the rate higher - so if you TRY to book online without the package it is the package price per night.
So say instead of $150 a night, it is $250 a night.
I also have a note on the online form saying Only NY Eve package on that date.
Explanation - it is NOT an add on package, it is the ONLY package to stay here n NY's, 2 night min with dinner etc.
FYI In case any one else wants to do this for a holiday or special event. To make it an online package vs having them call to book it and making ALL rooms for the package..
you cannot block off the other rooms and make the package the ONLY thing bookable that day
For me, that is OK because I am not making 3 turkeys. If someone else wants to book the package it is a "Family Thanksgiving" so I would love to have folks who are visiting family in the other 2 rooms. But I do believe I will go do just that (your get-around) for New Years.

I did something wrong ? Tried to add apackage Sat. to my Webervations to be displayed Sun. It's not there. Will try againe...Mary in Bridgewater.
I think you have to add it in two places? Once under sales items under property and then under upsale items under pricing. Caveat: I am on Webervations 2.0 and I don't remember if it was the same under the original Webervations.

I am on Webervations original. I added it to the Webervations Specials section and they sent me the line of code that need to be on my web site to make it work. My kind web master added the line of code for me - it shows on my specials page at the end of that Package.

Back