20 Best Blog Post Ideas for Small Business Blogging

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
article here
From an innkeepers perspective on this article - JB -
  1. Top ten lists are great and I really like these type blogs, very concise.
  2. Frequently asked question is another good one. A personal blog about the innkeepers (a great place to put this innfo) with a smiling photo or photo of you doing what you like to do, biking hiking, reading on the porch...
  3. Review something this is a great idea, something near you that guests would enjoy or a book written about your area? Your industry?
  4. Trends in our industry? Discuss your breakfast and why you serve if buffet or family style or plated or whatever...boast about what you do at your inn.
  5. How you helped a guest solve a problem? This is a thought provoking post and how the innkeeper saves the day! I would like to hear your stories too!
  6. Interview an expert? Do we have any experts amongst us? How about interview an innkeeper from another state who is on the forum? A good way to share another B&B with your guests.
  7. Share a positive email - or review? Again brag! You get a good review share it!!
  8. Take a tour - how about an Itinerary, two day or three day of things to do in your area?
  9. Debunk a myth! Wow there is a lot about gnomes and doilies we could all share on this one!
  10. Current events - this is always worthwhile in advance to help bring guests in. Ie they just built a so and so arts center...
  11. Personal Innformation about the Inn - a remodel or renovation going on, how you are making the place better for your guests. People like these if not too lengthy.
I like blogs that are conversational, not just informational. I like a personal touch from the writer, after all we are in the people business. :)

Kudos to all of you who keep a fresh blog, I'm not sure I could do it, but think about it on and off. As far as twitter and facebook are concerned....just shoot me.... because I think it's all crap.

Kudos to all of you who keep a fresh blog, I'm not sure I could do it, but think about it on and off. As far as twitter and facebook are concerned....just shoot me.... because I think it's all crap..
The trick is to link your blog, twitter and facebook (I managed this and it is quite easy) and one post updates them all saves you a ton of time and keeps everything up to date.

Lots of good advice there jb...I am going to share with a few innkeepers :)

Update:
I just checked our statz for the month and note that due to our social media cocktail blitz, we now have more click thru's FROM the blog to the website vs from the website to the blog (which is what we used to have).
Does this equate to bookings? Not necessarily, maybe it equates to more "six priests on their honeymoon for 5 weeks from greece." Who knows really, we can give it our best college try and educated guess, and reevaluate what is not working as well as we want it to.
I will note that my referrals are heavy on google searches now, 75% of all referring urls and domains are from google itself. Trip advisor is just way down, although so many guests are mentioning it now, but again, from our website or search for us after seeing us on TA? I really would like to get more info on this from other innmates. Esp inns such as ours which is not in a high touristy area or does not have 500 reviews, just average going.

Update:
I just checked our statz for the month and note that due to our social media cocktail blitz, we now have more click thru's FROM the blog to the website vs from the website to the blog (which is what we used to have).
Does this equate to bookings? Not necessarily, maybe it equates to more "six priests on their honeymoon for 5 weeks from greece." Who knows really, we can give it our best college try and educated guess, and reevaluate what is not working as well as we want it to.
I will note that my referrals are heavy on google searches now, 75% of all referring urls and domains are from google itself. Trip advisor is just way down, although so many guests are mentioning it now, but again, from our website or search for us after seeing us on TA? I really would like to get more info on this from other innmates. Esp inns such as ours which is not in a high touristy area or does not have 500 reviews, just average going..
I do not know how to do this but a google analytics can tell you from where etc people are booking. You need to set a goal. Every ecommerce site I do I get all excited to know the source of my money and by the time I get to it, I havee run out of steam.

Back