$20 hissy fit

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
You may (or may not) remember my meltdown yesterday wherein I was not pleasant to early arrivers, called myself names and had a good cry. Who left the $20 tip? Yup, the poor guests who were in the middle of the meltdown.

Buy yourself a wee small something ... a pedi, a mani ...or? You really deserve a treat after all that you have been through and had to deal with.

wow!
i NEVER get tips.
nope, never ........
sometimes i get a nice hug, though.

I made $5, and $4 and some change in another room. Kind of odd that one. Strange assortment of guests this weekend. I like it when that happens.

I made $5, and $4 and some change in another room. Kind of odd that one. Strange assortment of guests this weekend. I like it when that happens..
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
I made $5, and $4 and some change in another room. Kind of odd that one. Strange assortment of guests this weekend. I like it when that happens.
I got a handful of change in the room of the couple I moved in the middle of the evening. Thanks. My son tells me change is an insult. I mean, it's not even a worthwhile amount of change. It must have been too little for them to even think about picking up.
sad_smile.gif
Which is the sarcastic smiley anyway?

I made $5, and $4 and some change in another room. Kind of odd that one. Strange assortment of guests this weekend. I like it when that happens..
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
I got a handful of change in the room of the couple I moved in the middle of the evening. Thanks. My son tells me change is an insult. I mean, it's not even a worthwhile amount of change. It must have been too little for them to even think about picking up.
sad_smile.gif
I agree...that it would be great to go do something just for yourself or buy a little something for yourself :)

Guests left us a tip last weekend, but not cash. They left us a cheque for $50 and wrote 'thank you' on the memo line. That was a first. But a very nice first. :)

JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
sad_smile.gif
I agree...that it would be great to go do something just for yourself or buy a little something for yourself :)
Samster said:
Except I have to share it with the other half of the cleaning team...so, I'm looking at one, single glass of wine and a tip...

Guests left us a tip last weekend, but not cash. They left us a cheque for $50 and wrote 'thank you' on the memo line. That was a first. But a very nice first. :).
happyjacks said:
Guests left us a tip last weekend, but not cash. They left us a cheque for $50 and wrote 'thank you' on the memo line. That was a first. But a very nice first. :)
Wow!

Tips go to the help here as well. When they help...the rats. Actually they do quite a bit, but have the drill sargeant on their case to git r done.

Guests left us a tip last weekend, but not cash. They left us a cheque for $50 and wrote 'thank you' on the memo line. That was a first. But a very nice first. :).
happyjacks said:
Wow!
I had a guest leave me a $50 tip CASH! That was a surprise! My very first guests left me a $30. tip!they were so fun. 4 sisters all staying here. they had come from all over.They had just lost their mom, and were headed over to her home the next day to sort everything out. But they all wanted a good, happy night together first. What a neat idea. We could hear them up laughing and telling 'remember when' stories till 3 in the morning. it was so neat. we made new friends that night. :)

happyjacks said:
Wow!
I had a guest leave me a $50 tip CASH! That was a surprise! My very first guests left me a $30. tip!they were so fun. 4 sisters all staying here. they had come from all over.They had just lost their mom, and were headed over to her home the next day to sort everything out. But they all wanted a good, happy night together first. What a neat idea. We could hear them up laughing and telling 'remember when' stories till 3 in the morning. it was so neat. we made new friends that night. :)
high street victorian said:
I had a guest leave me a $50 tip CASH! That was a surprise! My very first guests left me a $30. tip!they were so fun. 4 sisters all staying here. they had come from all over.They had just lost their mom, and were headed over to her home the next day to sort everything out. But they all wanted a good, happy night together first. What a neat idea. We could hear them up laughing and telling 'remember when' stories. it was so neat. we made new friends that night. :)
EXCELLENTE!

Tips go to the help here as well. When they help...the rats. Actually they do quite a bit, but have the drill sargeant on their case to git r done..
I have received only one cash tip with a note that said specifically not to tell my "assistant" and to spend it for myself :) Since I didn't want to offend the guests, I followed the instructions in the note. tee hee....

I get tips all the time, Mostly they all go to my staff! I wander if that is taxable income?
Josh
lightbulb.gif

All tips must be delcared as income. If you are in a profession that accept gratuity the IRS will want its cut.

I get tips all the time, Mostly they all go to my staff! I wander if that is taxable income?
Josh
lightbulb.gif
josh said:
Josh
lightbulb.gif
Yes, tips are taxable income. Which is why, when we have help, I don't want to know about tips. If I know about tips, taxes are supposed to be paid.

Back