2010 Olympic Hockey Game

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini

Reaction score
I hope you are all as excited as I am about the hockey game today....for Gold!
Canada vs. U.S.A.
May the best team win!.

Of course, the best team playing today will win today. Just depends on who's day it happens to be. And it is just a game. (But it is exciting!) Both are wonderful Countries.
I hear men on the sports talk shows (I only get one station reasonably well and use it as white noise more than listen) who seem to equate sports with rocket science or brain surgery - they seem to live and die according to what "their team" does. Someone wins/someone loses the game - and life goes on.

I've been impressed with all the athletes. Though I am a Canadian and hope Canada wins today, I also love the USA.
My favorite athlete so far has been USA's Shaun White in snowboarding. He was something else. Such talent.

I've been impressed with all the athletes. Though I am a Canadian and hope Canada wins today, I also love the USA.
My favorite athlete so far has been USA's Shaun White in snowboarding. He was something else. Such talent..
Ah, here in this house, we win either way!

Being a partisan Canadian, I guess you know where my allegiance lies. However, both teams are great and it will be an awesome game; no matter what the outcome I must congratulate the USA athletes on their outstanding achievements. There were sure a lot of pleasant surprises and a lot of heart warming stories.
Good Luck to both Teams.

My favorite athlete so far has been USA's Shaun White in snowboarding. He was something else. Such talent..
Our friend who is the news director at the local radio station told us the son of the owner of the first radio station he worked at is in the Olympics as a snow boarder - Louis something. He was on Dancing With the Stars early in the season. He is supposed to be the heir apparent to Shaun White. Reuben says he watched the kid grow up and he is a nice kid.

They clearly are the best two teams in the world... always nice when the best plays the best!
=)
Kk.

Okay here goes...I have never watched hockey for even 5 minutes in my life (other than movies that feature a team or character on a hockey team). Born in the SW so they just aren't into hockey there. Sure there are teams and all that, just not very popular.
Same with Soccer - we had a group of Latino men at our park today playing soccer. :) Yes, this is unusual here - again, grew up with that on Sundays in the SW, not the norm in these mountains. It was nice to hear the cheering and laughter and someone utilizing the park that mostly sits vacant (across the street from us).

Okay here goes...I have never watched hockey for even 5 minutes in my life (other than movies that feature a team or character on a hockey team). Born in the SW so they just aren't into hockey there. Sure there are teams and all that, just not very popular.
Same with Soccer - we had a group of Latino men at our park today playing soccer. :) Yes, this is unusual here - again, grew up with that on Sundays in the SW, not the norm in these mountains. It was nice to hear the cheering and laughter and someone utilizing the park that mostly sits vacant (across the street from us)..
THE best hockey game I ever went to was here. It was between the high school all stars and the 'Boston Bruins Geezer Squad' (not their real name but they do a lot of exhibition stuff and the median age is 56).
Those old geezers skated rings around those teenagers. And, because there was no checking allowed, it was a real game of skill rather than brute force.
It was a beautiful thing. Not sure how to really make that clear but watching the absolute grace, speed and puck control was amazing. The kids were skating like the hounds of hell were after them and the geezers were gliding along like it was a day at the park.

I am certain that grandson #3 (age 10 I think) will be watching. He is in a hockey league in Peoria, Illinois and has been for several years now.

Back