2011 Season is nearly over - let us count the ways...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you think that it's not necessarily more PITA's or demanding guests...just that you have highlighted them more ?........more aware of them ?........or they're just getting under your skin more ?
I say it every season myself....this year people were this or that.....when I get to the end of my season, such as now. I do in depth reflection of the past season......I find this year is like any other year.
Except....that I allowed certain individuals to get under my skin....and that some incidents were influenced by me..
One Day said:
Do you think that it's not necessarily more PITA's or demanding guests...just that you have highlighted them more ?........more aware of them ?........or they're just getting under your skin more ?
I say it every season myself....this year people were this or that.....when I get to the end of my season, such as now. I do in depth reflection of the past season......I find this year is like any other year.
Except....that I allowed certain individuals to get under my skin....and that some incidents were influenced by me.
It definitely was a real and not just perceived difference. It was so horrible I took one couple to small claims court. I think the difference is that fewer and fewer people take responsibility for their own actions and decisions. Add that to social media and it gives them more power than they deserve. The strange thing is, it only happens in the summer season here.
This past summer had an account bounce a check.....was told to redeposit when she handed me another months invoice payment check......those 2 bounced......same check and another bounced.
She behaved without a care in the world.
3 weeks later I caught her and the husband moving out......no emotions..........no regrets.........nothing.
I have people that have been able to collect half of what is owed so far.
I haven't had any kind of incident like this in decades.......last time I had to take anyone to small claims was mid 80's
Around here, everything is under rent control. One of the big concessions to this is that rent is never forgiven, even in bankruptcy and the other is that it's collectable (including interest) for 30 years. That's a heck of a long time to try to run away... especially when it's easy enough to get someone's wages garnished.
we can't here which is a pain. had a tennant years ago who when he left owed me 6 weeks rent but I was glad to be shot of him by them as he was always paying rent late and messing me about. however it turned out afterwards he was a serial financial disaster moved out of his parents house at 16 got a council flat and didn't pay his council tax and stole things from his "friends" houses to hock to pay rent ie no job so how he thought he could cope is beyond me. Since he left me he moved back in with his godmother who let him live rent free for 3 months. Mind you while pleeeding poverty he look a 6 week holiday to Africa and 8 days to Austria so no dice there. flitts from job to job never making any progress. Don't think I could live like that as if you ever eventually want to do anything with your life your credit history is beyond buggered.

Yes, I can tell the season is over - revenue is down, utilities are up, and the insurance is due!

Back