24 different guests in 48 hours .....

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ukmaineiac

Reaction score
Not really complaining .... but WOW. Every bed, in every room (sofa beds, spare rooms, cots) with a new body in each one each night. It's fabulous to have this many guests in the off-season, but it reminds me why I have a two night minimum in the high-season. Is it bed time yet ??????

Story of my life this year. But you can change the 48 hours and make it incremental...I had 4 days of all new guests in all 6 rooms a couple weeks ago. No one understands the intense work involved in that...and why I said I had to turn my undies inside out.
Good job! You made it to the other side, you are a trooper!

So this leads me to ask, is this the first time? Am I the only one who lives this way?
You wonder why we get the way we get, and each guest thinks they are the only one, and have no boundaries and break stuff and go into your kitchen where your family live (or bath or sleep) if you forget to bolt the door.
You do this day in and day out and people come to the forum and say things like "That is how people are get over it" This is why we have boundaries and rules set up so we can survive this business. "Check in begins at" end of story. We need to live and breathe, we need to eat, we need to sleep. "Having guests in your home in and out day after day is so much fun! You just sit around and bake muffins dontchya?"
Sorry to take this and run...just wanting to clarify the point The Uk Mainiac is making. :) I salute her!

you think that is bad for 48 hours? I did it last year for 8 days pretty much. Was a lot more careful this year however have a full house from wed till next wed ie 7 days some are more than one night but none are more than 3 its going to be a zoo.

So this leads me to ask, is this the first time? Am I the only one who lives this way?
You wonder why we get the way we get, and each guest thinks they are the only one, and have no boundaries and break stuff and go into your kitchen where your family live (or bath or sleep) if you forget to bolt the door.
You do this day in and day out and people come to the forum and say things like "That is how people are get over it" This is why we have boundaries and rules set up so we can survive this business. "Check in begins at" end of story. We need to live and breathe, we need to eat, we need to sleep. "Having guests in your home in and out day after day is so much fun! You just sit around and bake muffins dontchya?"
Sorry to take this and run...just wanting to clarify the point The Uk Mainiac is making. :) I salute her!.
You are not the only one who lives like this. I am lucky in that I have a very short memory span for the pain. When it is every room being flipped every day I get into a stupor and just do it. But, this is also when my temper is short and it's easy to fray that last nerve.
The early arrivers the other day left a lovely mess in their bed that I have spent 2 days cleaning up. It gets to you.

Sorry to take this and run...just wanting to clarify the point The Uk Mainiac is making. :) I salute her!.
I salute all you innkeepers with high occupancy. It may be more revenues but the toll on the mind and body is more than this old broad wants or could do.

You are not the only one who lives like this. I am lucky in that I have a very short memory span for the pain. When it is every room being flipped every day I get into a stupor and just do it. But, this is also when my temper is short and it's easy to fray that last nerve.
The early arrivers the other day left a lovely mess in their bed that I have spent 2 days cleaning up. It gets to you.
I know dec, jan, feb will be pretty quiet so i have to make the money now while I can its that simple. I am also trying to use the time now to get ahead on my marketing and have joined a team who are trying to put together a 2 week food festival for December 2012 which will help with my occupancy in December next year if we can build and promote it right.

you think that is bad for 48 hours? I did it last year for 8 days pretty much. Was a lot more careful this year however have a full house from wed till next wed ie 7 days some are more than one night but none are more than 3 its going to be a zoo..
Wow !!!! You do that by yourself? You're amazing .... and I know you have many more rooms than I do. I wouldn't want to deal with a complete set of new guests every day for 8 days. In season I've had a full house for months at a time, but fortunately the "whole house out, whole house in" scenario doesn't happen too often.

Thanks for the salute - so not amazing .... If I was I wouldn't be whining.
Definitely not the first time, but the first complete changeover for a while. I guess I've been very lucky with being full but having guests that are with us for longer stays.

I know we all have to do this all the time .... but when I'm running at full occupancy during the season, there are usually a few rooms that are staying so the full turnovers as opposed to the fluffs get staggered (especially with the 2 night min). This was the first time in a while that I had all 7 beds to do (and of course associated bathrooms etc) between check out and check in time. I'm preaching to the choir - but for one person - it was tight.
Just to add to the pleasure, my dishwasher is broken so I ended up getting up at 5:00 just to make sure that I could get breakfast organized and ready for 12 people at the same time without having to throw the dirty dishes out of the window as I brought them back to the kitchen.
I know most of my guests think I have "help". I know you all understand that is NOT the reality.

wow, I admire you! fortunately, Full house turnovers don't happen that often with us...mostly summer. I hope you get to have a few minutes to relax tonight!

oo la lah! No wonder you're a Maniac! lol! j/k...
Don't know how innkeepers do the work on their own with a continuous stream of one night stays. I was very grateful that our average LOS was 3 nights. I would be dead by now otherwise.

Warning. This is a way-off-topic link, but the first thing that popped into my head when I read your subject line. The entire song takes nearly 5 minutes of your life to listen to. Some off-color lyrics included.
88 Lines about 44 women.

Back