4 kids, 2 parents

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had three kids last night... all teens, all wonderful. But then, they were my best friends kids and held to the same high standard as we hold ours.
You can fly with a pack and play... I've done it. I flew alone with two-month-old twins and brought stroller, car seats, baby carriers, pack-and-play, the works. When I travel I appreciate when there's gear, but I don't count on it.
And, like JBJ, my kids will be good or get worn out, but I've seen far too many that don't/won't/and desperately need it! Of course, if you don't start when they're two then by the time they're five it's probably too late...
=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
We had three kids last night... all teens, all wonderful. But then, they were my best friends kids and held to the same high standard as we hold ours.
You can fly with a pack and play... I've done it. I flew alone with two-month-old twins and brought stroller, car seats, baby carriers, pack-and-play, the works. When I travel I appreciate when there's gear, but I don't count on it.
And, like JBJ, my kids will be good or get worn out, but I've seen far too many that don't/won't/and desperately need it! Of course, if you don't start when they're two then by the time they're five it's probably too late...
=)
Kk.
You can travel with anything. But, given the number of parents who are shcoked, SHOCKED! that I would charge for their child, I have a hard time seeing them pay for each of those items to be put on the plane. The car seats can go with the child to the plane seat (altho those same parents are SHOCKED! that they have to pay for their chid (I'll just put them both on my lap).
Obviously, not every parent is like this, it's just the ones who are that wear on a person.

=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
You can travel with anything. But, given the number of parents who are shcoked, SHOCKED! that I would charge for their child, I have a hard time seeing them pay for each of those items to be put on the plane. The car seats can go with the child to the plane seat (altho those same parents are SHOCKED! that they have to pay for their chid (I'll just put them both on my lap).
Obviously, not every parent is like this, it's just the ones who are that wear on a person.
Yes, I had to pay for the second child, and got lucky that the plane wasn't booked solid so both could sit in their carseats on the plane. And since I had two tickets, I had four checked items and two carry-ons and a purse. It was no biggie...
The ones who are permissive and clueless and stupid not only wear me out, they annoy me on so many levels I can't even start to describe.
=)
Kk.

=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
Yes, I had to pay for the second child, and got lucky that the plane wasn't booked solid so both could sit in their carseats on the plane. And since I had two tickets, I had four checked items and two carry-ons and a purse. It was no biggie...
The ones who are permissive and clueless and stupid not only wear me out, they annoy me on so many levels I can't even start to describe.
=)
Kk.
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
That's part of the traveling problem now, tho...each of those checked items is an additional $15 on some airlines. And you would have had to pay extra for the window seat and the aisle seat.

Do you charge for kids?
We have 2 homes- in one of them we take kids over 10 years old and we charge them adult fee ( not to many requests). In our other home we take all ages. If the child (1 per couple) sleeps wth parents we charge one time fee of $20 for apartment or $10 for a bedroom to cover extra cleaning. If child is 3+ and takes separate bed or if the couple is travelling with 2 or more kids we charge full adult rate for each child.
This is our new policy as before we did not charge for up to 3 yers olds and only $15 for older kids. I just had enough washing walls and furniture and taking hours to bring place to livable condition. Our new policy should discourage the "budget" parents who thinks that travel is a right and not the privilage.
The best is when we get requests that ask for 1 room for a couple and their 2 or 3 children asking for a quote. I aways send them a note asking for the ages and most of the times the kids tur out to be 17, 20 and even 26 years old!

Do you charge for kids?
We have 2 homes- in one of them we take kids over 10 years old and we charge them adult fee ( not to many requests). In our other home we take all ages. If the child (1 per couple) sleeps wth parents we charge one time fee of $20 for apartment or $10 for a bedroom to cover extra cleaning. If child is 3+ and takes separate bed or if the couple is travelling with 2 or more kids we charge full adult rate for each child.
This is our new policy as before we did not charge for up to 3 yers olds and only $15 for older kids. I just had enough washing walls and furniture and taking hours to bring place to livable condition. Our new policy should discourage the "budget" parents who thinks that travel is a right and not the privilage.
The best is when we get requests that ask for 1 room for a couple and their 2 or 3 children asking for a quote. I aways send them a note asking for the ages and most of the times the kids tur out to be 17, 20 and even 26 years old!.
Yes, we charge for kids. If the parents bring a pack n play for a child 12 months or younger, we don't usually charge. Any person over age 1 gets charged. Next year we are raising the rates for the 3rd & 4th person in a room.
We also get requests for one room for 5 guests. "The kids will all sleep on the floor."
I think not. Good way to put it...it is not a right that you can stay here.

Our rooms are rated for double occupancy. Over 2 persons, we charge $10 for 2 y.o and younger $20 for over 2 years old. We allow more than 2 persons in our king suite only so that has eliminated the portable crib thing in the other rooms

Back