4 minutes of fame

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have their questions and the answers I think I will give, I roped DH into it as well, he is not happy about it. I said you can add a bit of dimension to the interview, so he was assigned the B&B questions "what do you offer at the B&B" etc. And I will stick to the tourism part.
I told my grandmother about it and all she said was "Just make sure your hair and makeup look really nice", I told my mother who didn't really care and all she said was "make sure you wear lipstick or you will look all washed out." Gee and I thought I was going on in my pjs with bed head hair!!! d'oh!
Here I am worrying about WHAT TO SAY and how to present the B&B, you know, since it is a free 4 minute commercial for us. SHEESH! Relatives don't get it y'all, y'all get it! Thanks for the encouragement innmates.
cheers.gif

I have their questions and the answers I think I will give, I roped DH into it as well, he is not happy about it. I said you can add a bit of dimension to the interview, so he was assigned the B&B questions "what do you offer at the B&B" etc. And I will stick to the tourism part.
I told my grandmother about it and all she said was "Just make sure your hair and makeup look really nice", I told my mother who didn't really care and all she said was "make sure you wear lipstick or you will look all washed out." Gee and I thought I was going on in my pjs with bed head hair!!! d'oh!
Here I am worrying about WHAT TO SAY and how to present the B&B, you know, since it is a free 4 minute commercial for us. SHEESH! Relatives don't get it y'all, y'all get it! Thanks for the encouragement innmates.
cheers.gif
You will LOOK and BE wonderful!! You know your stuff!

cheers.gif
Joey Bloggs said:
now if you showed up in sponge rollers and jammies, that would be a riot. however, i know this isn't a joke so i guess you can't. good luck!

You'll look and present yourself and the B&B just fine. It could be worst your Mom and Grandmother could of said your having HIM do it too!
wink_smile.gif

You could do it with rollers in PJ's..........just sayin
Good Luck !!!

oh! i just thought of something! do you have a shirt with your b&b on it to wear so you are marketing your place if the camera is just on you?
do you have someone who can film you as well?
will you be somehow able to get this onto your blog and website under 'press'? i am soooo excited for you!

What tv station? Most of them have a web feed. Maybe we can watch it on the net! Make sure to get a copy of it to load on your website. Hope it goes better than you expect. Good luck.
BBBoB

So the story continues...it won't be filmed in front here ('weather' as in we would all melt) and possible thunderstorms. It is one block from us and will be inside. Samster has been there, it is the train depot where she saw a bluegrass band.
Then, I got the call this morning from our realtor. I was kinda excited! Someone interested, I am hoping as I answer the phone. Then the dilemma...HE IS ALSO going to be on the show speaking of what is on offer in the area...you guessed it, wanted to know if he could mention our place!
Great, just great, we would have JUMPED AT THAT but not since we are also on the show, the same day!! So I had to ask him NOT to mention we are for sale. We are there to promote and get business. boo hoo hoo...
So I hope it brings interest in his company/website so they can find OUR listing and info as well.

arg ...
but the realtor can say 'some of our premier business properties for sale are confidential. contact us for those very special listings'

So the story continues...it won't be filmed in front here ('weather' as in we would all melt) and possible thunderstorms. It is one block from us and will be inside. Samster has been there, it is the train depot where she saw a bluegrass band.
Then, I got the call this morning from our realtor. I was kinda excited! Someone interested, I am hoping as I answer the phone. Then the dilemma...HE IS ALSO going to be on the show speaking of what is on offer in the area...you guessed it, wanted to know if he could mention our place!
Great, just great, we would have JUMPED AT THAT but not since we are also on the show, the same day!! So I had to ask him NOT to mention we are for sale. We are there to promote and get business. boo hoo hoo...
So I hope it brings interest in his company/website so they can find OUR listing and info as well..
He really doesn't have to mention you ....this is probably more for locals...right?? And locals probably already know you are for sale. I don't think I would want him announcing that on the TV...you would get all sorts of looky lous :-( Just curious about your place.

So I hope it brings interest in his company/website so they can find OUR listing and info as well..
Good luck with the interested party!! We'll keep our fingers crossed.
RIki

At least he asked and didn't just spring it on you at the taping. Where 'News at 11' would have shown irate innkeeper strangling former realtor.

No tis not for locals. soryr just painted my nails an can;t tupe
I believe he will have a few slides of properites for sale, my guess. so he represents us, and this is the gem of this town. trust me we want ti sold, would have been good to have it shown on there!! but no go, not with us standing right there 'on next'
would have been a good oppty.

No tis not for locals. soryr just painted my nails an can;t tupe
I believe he will have a few slides of properites for sale, my guess. so he represents us, and this is the gem of this town. trust me we want ti sold, would have been good to have it shown on there!! but no go, not with us standing right there 'on next'
would have been a good oppty..
I have a feeling it will be a great opportunity anyway...folks get interested in the area and start searching for info on line, they're going to find your place, either to stay or to buy! All press is good press, as they say. I can't wait to see this!

That's awesome! But if you go by the comments on another currently running thread, DON'T POST IT ON YOUR WEBSITE!
wink_smile.gif

That's awesome! But if you go by the comments on another currently running thread, DON'T POST IT ON YOUR WEBSITE!
wink_smile.gif
Proud Texan said:
wink_smile.gif
Right, and I commented over there, and indeed I did not put it on our website. I did do a blog, and tweet that, but nope, no intention of boring anyone else with it. I am totally not into videos, live TV is another story!
You will appreciate this snippet of seo info just btwn you and I:
I was told to post ANY B&B video on youtube (open youtube account in your B&B name) AND post it on your website, not viewable on your website by guests, just have it on there somewhere in the html, and go into youtube and link it, youtube likes that and says RIGHT ON it is a ridgy-didge video and pumps up the seo in google for you.
I have yet to do that, but I will. Making sure you add a few subtitles and text with your B&B name in there to help boost it.
Remember Google bought youtube for $ 1.65 Billion.
So this is a place where a video can help.

wink_smile.gif
Proud Texan said:
wink_smile.gif
Right, and I commented over there, and indeed I did not put it on our website. I did do a blog, and tweet that, but nope, no intention of boring anyone else with it. I am totally not into videos, live TV is another story!
You will appreciate this snippet of seo info just btwn you and I:
I was told to post ANY B&B video on youtube (open youtube account in your B&B name) AND post it on your website, not viewable on your website by guests, just have it on there somewhere in the html, and go into youtube and link it, youtube likes that and says RIGHT ON it is a ridgy-didge video and pumps up the seo in google for you.
I have yet to do that, but I will. Making sure you add a few subtitles and text with your B&B name in there to help boost it.
Remember Google bought youtube for $ 1.65 Billion.
So this is a place where a video can help.
I would have a 'read about the inn' section on the website and add the link to the video, as well as blogging and putting it on youtube. Not necessarily for guests to look at but for media who are interested in who else thought you were wrth the time. Once you get one, they all want the easy way out and will call for more info about what else you can tell them that they can get credit for thinking up on their own.
I see that here all the time. The places who get the original media attention get ALL the media attention because it is easy to call instead of doing research.

Back