4 minutes of fame

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
In the middle of a massive thunderstorm (ours last about 6 or 7 minutes, lightning, thunder downpours, then it is over) the phone rings as I am turning off my PC which is flashing.
Next Friday I will be on a live TV show at noon. The show is about the Blue Ridge region. I was told I will have only 4 minutes, so I will need to get as much in as possible in those 4 minutes and they can have photos of the B&B to use as I speak. I already asked that the questions to be based on tourism and our draw into the area, not the history of the house. They are excited to have this on the show. I am working toward getting them filming on location in our front yard, but it all has to do with good satellite reception. You know that whole product placement idea!
Will keep you posted.

Great JB! Sometimes when you least expect it something wonderful pops up!
wink_smile.gif

You will be surprised at how much you can get said in 4 minutes. I have done live in studio at a TV station in our Capitol several times. They showed the photos I had sent whil I was talking so visual got across as well and the yada-yada. Great work!

Congrats! Be sure to obtain a copy of their "B-roll". That's the type of film you can submit in the future for tv PR. Bb.com has a list of B&Bs that have b-roll and will use it for tv segments.

Four minutes is l o n g time in broadcast land. Practice your 'elevator talking points', Get the most important in first, and don't be surprised if you lose some seconds because someone elses's segment ran a bit over. Take cookies for the crew.
regular_smile.gif

KathleenM
(former crew)

Four minutes is l o n g time in broadcast land. Practice your 'elevator talking points', Get the most important in first, and don't be surprised if you lose some seconds because someone elses's segment ran a bit over. Take cookies for the crew.
regular_smile.gif

KathleenM
(former crew).
And bring a VHS tape. They will usually tape your segment for you if you bring a tape.

Thanks for the suggestions, I emailed her and mentioned our ON LOCATION as the backdrop, we are on a hill right here so I believe they will get good satellite reception. DH is now roped in, I asked if they preferred one person or a couple (otherwise he would bail on it), so I think he will be on as well.

Thanks for the suggestions, I emailed her and mentioned our ON LOCATION as the backdrop, we are on a hill right here so I believe they will get good satellite reception. DH is now roped in, I asked if they preferred one person or a couple (otherwise he would bail on it), so I think he will be on as well..
This is where all your blogging and social networking are paying off. Congrats!
cheers.gif

AWESOME!!!
Just remember not to say, um, like, or you know! tee he he....
Keep us posted! This is EXCITING!!
cheers.gif

I'm happy for you!!!! You deserve it.
I also love your b & b.

Back