4Square

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Generic

Reaction score
Okay... someone put me on 4Square and well, they mark that they are visiting (they aren't) and have claimed the damn mayorship. I would like to get control of my location, but 4Square doesn't seem to like to call Canada and well, they never send me the post card to claim. Anyone have any ideas?

Oh gee...not another social network? Sorry Have never even heard of the site till you mentioned it.

No 4 Square is where you kind of log where you are and it tells all your friends so they can join you there (its a bit stalky) but the idea is mainly aimed at say hot clubs etc also if you get enough of your friends to join you the club will give you a free drink or equivalent thing as prize. They have to be logged as a location that does this. Don't particularly see how this is usefull for B&B's but for clubs and pubs its a good move. Have no clue how you become mayor of a place though.

No 4 Square is where you kind of log where you are and it tells all your friends so they can join you there (its a bit stalky) but the idea is mainly aimed at say hot clubs etc also if you get enough of your friends to join you the club will give you a free drink or equivalent thing as prize. They have to be logged as a location that does this. Don't particularly see how this is usefull for B&B's but for clubs and pubs its a good move. Have no clue how you become mayor of a place though..
You become mayor by checking in the most.

then those people are officially bonkers who wants to be mayor of a completely random place? maybe that is a compliament to your place though that they want to be.?

Check in yourself. That is just too weird for words. I suppose I should go check.

I just can't be one of those people who has to tell everyone where I am (plus mine would be a bit dull) its like putting up a HUGE sign saying please stalk me here is where I am

Oh gee...not another social network? Sorry Have never even heard of the site till you mentioned it..
It's an app that you can use on FB or from your Smartphone. When you go to a restaurant, hotel, or other business, etc. you can "check in". It's another way to eat up my time reading where people are going on FB.

I just can't be one of those people who has to tell everyone where I am (plus mine would be a bit dull) its like putting up a HUGE sign saying please stalk me here is where I am.
Thank you soooo much for your signature line and for your help.

Oh gee...not another social network? Sorry Have never even heard of the site till you mentioned it..
It's an app that you can use on FB or from your Smartphone. When you go to a restaurant, hotel, or other business, etc. you can "check in". It's another way to eat up my time reading where people are going on FB.
And a great way of knowing that someone is out of the house so you can rob them.

Back