5 quick and easy ways to improve your B&B website

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
5 quick and easy ways to improve your B&B website...http://bit.ly/JmFGwF
5. Make it Fast to Book[/h2]
The golden rule of business websites is to make it easy to buy the product on your website. In the case of bed and breakfasts, this means ‘easy to book’[/h2]

Did anyone watch Hotel Impossible which was in Livermore Calf Wine Country at a B&B/Country Inn? The expert opened up their website and said "WHAT IS THIS!" it said Call 1-800- to make your reservation. He was blown away, he said "You actually expect people to call to reserve a room? You don't have online reservations?"
We got a good chuckle out of that, and I turned to DH and said "There are still people on our forum, who are regulars who don't have online reservations" Yes, I know this is offensive to those people, but get with the program we implore you, online reservations IS AN AMENITY.
Don't make your guests suffer, let them make a reservation from anywhere anytime. They don't want to talk to you, if they did they could call, any time.

Did anyone watch Hotel Impossible which was in Livermore Calf Wine Country at a B&B/Country Inn? The expert opened up their website and said "WHAT IS THIS!" it said Call 1-800- to make your reservation. He was blown away, he said "You actually expect people to call to reserve a room? You don't have online reservations?"
We got a good chuckle out of that, and I turned to DH and said "There are still people on our forum, who are regulars who don't have online reservations" Yes, I know this is offensive to those people, but get with the program we implore you, online reservations IS AN AMENITY.
Don't make your guests suffer, let them make a reservation from anywhere anytime. They don't want to talk to you, if they did they could call, any time..
As a guest now and not an innkeeper, I keep saying that a place has to have an awful lot going for it before I will CALL. I want it to be easy to BOOK NOW when I decide what I'm doing for a vacation.
I think Richard Gere's B&B is one that you have to call...I would make that call! hahahaha....

Don't make your guests suffer, let them make a reservation from anywhere anytime. They don't want to talk to you, if they did they could call, any time..
Joey Bloggs said:
"Don't make your guests suffer..."
That's funny. Some people in the world don't have fresh water to drink, but other people are suffering because they have get up off of their lazy ass and make a phone call. Let's keep things in perspective.
poke.gif

Joey Bloggs said:
"Don't make your guests suffer..."
That's funny. Some people in the world don't have fresh water to drink, but other people are suffering because they have get up off of their lazy ass and make a phone call. Let's keep things in perspective.
poke.gif

sorry this reminds me of a "Russell Howard" (UK comedian) sketch where he's miming meeting an african person who is crying - ie why are you crying lack of food water etc? African person - no this is nothing people in Putney (rich area of london) only get their wheelie bins collected every other week!
Its exactly the same thing!

Back