5 Reasons NOT to Delete Negative Reviews

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swirt

Forum founder. Former Owner.
Reaction score
This article has some interesting points about how to handle negative reviews. For the most part it relates to negative reviews on your own facebook page or on your blog or other media you control (as opposed to reviews on TripAdvisor or Yelp which you can't control
http://outspokenmedia.com/reputation-management/5-reasons-not-to-delete-negative-reviews/

I have heard from numerous guests that they like that we don't have all rave reviews. Not sure I feel the same way.
wink_smile.gif
But I know it is easier and less stressful for me to NOT have all raves because I know I cannot and do not please everyone who walks in the door.

Goes back to Don Draper mentioning having a place on TA to discuss and debate this stuff. People like this. It does make it more real.
I recently read a horrific review of a B&B which was REAL. I then read a dozen others which were either fake or blind. This ONE BAD review would appear to be the fake one, either a disgruntled guest or competitor perhaps. Interesting to see the flip side, from my desk I don't often understand others musings on this subject, I will admit. It is always nice to get out and try to see the fuller picture.
Which, of course, is why it is so important that our websites/blogs/social media represent what we offer factually not fictionally. Photos of a gourmet breakfast when what the guests receive is not gourmet...well that is false advertising and will make for some very unhappy campers.

...and...most guests these days travel with iPhones, iPads, laptops, etc and NOW can open your website/blog/social media/reviews right there, standing within the walls of your B&B.
Should this worry you? Youbetchya this should, this means what you tout you better back up in person. They can also take photos of what they see, an unkempt B&B - the guests can and will take photos and post them immediately on said review sites, such as TA.
So my question is this - what can we do to ensure what we say is what we do? What we are selling is authentic?
Is this a good thing? AS A TRAVELER I believe it is VERY GOOD.

...and...most guests these days travel with iPhones, iPads, laptops, etc and NOW can open your website/blog/social media/reviews right there, standing within the walls of your B&B.
Should this worry you? Youbetchya this should, this means what you tout you better back up in person. They can also take photos of what they see, an unkempt B&B - the guests can and will take photos and post them immediately on said review sites, such as TA.
So my question is this - what can we do to ensure what we say is what we do? What we are selling is authentic?
Is this a good thing? AS A TRAVELER I believe it is VERY GOOD..
I hope this explains to the nth degree why I hate it when guests show up early and all the laundry is piled up waiting to be put away. Cameras. Social Media. Laundry everywhere. Ugh. You would then think that the photos on my site were a lie, when in reality they are truth IF the guest shows up when expected and not when they feel like it.
I have had guests say, about the FT we serve, 'Hey, that's on your website! Where's the mint?' Oy. Or, 'These eggs are just like the photo. And this is the same tablecloth!' It's like they discovered a treasure.

Is this a good thing? AS A TRAVELER I believe it is VERY GOOD..
And, we had a guy arguing with us about some policy he said we didn't mention anywhere on our website. His wife verified it was on our website using the computer we provide for guests. Otherwise, I bet we would have seen THAT online somewhere.

Our worst review says we are average which is hardly the stuff of nightmares! but I don't mind when people do say a good level reveiw but say we had a small problem with this but they resolved it like this straight away or so on because we are not perfect and I am with mort I want people to be realistic about what we are. (nice but not supersonic!) Plus for example we are right on the street on a busy road if you want super quiet we are not the place for you and I would rather you go somewhere else and was happy. Plus I do agree if you have too many rave reviews I do start to smell a rat!

Wir bieten schöne blumenmädchenkleid, Mode für Kinder zu günstige Preisen online. Custom kleider design nach dem Foto. So einfach finden Sie Ihr Traum Blumenmädchenkleid.
Wir alle wissen, Budgetierung in der Nähe für die besten Brautkleider uk der Trauung Kleid enormen Kosten erhalten können. nur einer der ausgezeichneten Outfits Handy telefonieren für nur selten unter einem der teuren Kleidern werden. Es ist auf dem Weg zu einfach Brautkleider uk betrachtet eine wichtige Option, um eine Low-Cost-Kleidung angeboten brautmode und abendmode brautmode und abendmode, dass es üblich ist, braut abendmoden zu wissen, braut und abendkleider dass diese Outfits in keiner Weise für fast jede bis kommenden Zeit eingesetzt werden, zu erwerben. Selbst eine unkomplizierte weiß oder weiß auseinander Kleidung wird oft Ziel schön für fast jede Trauung, kinder brautkleider Feier und geht lässig Brautkleider uk schnell in der Tasche. Es ist schnell zu Low-Cost-Outfits zu kaufen, wenn Sie Geschäfte abendkleider gr. 46 abendkleider gr. 46, Markt Großhandel Abendkleider präsentieren zu finden.
Sie können sogar Ihren Mann oder Mädchen Variationen für rosa Brautkleider uk Herstellung der Trauung Feier Brautjungfer Kleider, und wenn, günstige ballkleider online günstige ballkleider online ballkleid türkis dass möglicherweise der Umstand kindermode mädchen , dann werden Sie auf jeden Fall zweifellos sollte in einfachen Tatsache brautmode brautmode, erwerben ein Zitat wert vorigen zur Hand. Ein intelligenter vorgehen ist auf dem Weg zur Meerjungfrau Brautkleider uk werden soll in der traditionellen Nähe für die Art von Kleidung sowie für fast jeden Mann oder Frau Teilnahme an der Trauung, Feier zur Hochzeit Ballkleider uk holen lassen ihren Mann oder Mädchen Kleidung, online abendkleider shop dies würde wiederum helfen beim Schneiden costs.This könnte ein weiterer Mann oder Frau zusätzliche bewusst durch die wert auf Hochzeitszeremonie Kleid Wholesale investiert.
brautkleider online günstig

Back