5 reasons to go to Louisiana

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LA is more than N.O. much more!
It is a state rich in culture and wonderful things to see and do!
Here is some information I have on Louisiana and even MORE reasons to visit Louisiana:
  • First the good news, fishing in most areas of the gulf and areas around the gulf have been reopened for recreational fishing and some for commercial fishing -
  • For the nature lovers, LA is home to 21 State Parks, 3 National Historical Parks, and 24 National Wildlife Refuges
  • As far as museums, the state is filled with them from Art, history, Ethnic, Cultural, and industry, to the wacky world of the Abita Mystery House/UCM Museum LA most Eccentric museum.
  • Louisiana is seldom thought about as an area for wine but it is home to 5 nationally known vineyards, some open to tour.
Here is the LA Tourism Website
http://www.louisianatravel.com/

and another
http://www.crt.state.la.us/

My favorite town there is Nachitoches. (nack.uh.tish) Old South, slow pace and some of the best meat pies you'll ever eat.

The main reason of course is to visit my friends in Louisiana, Chickie & Debi - and an innmate!

My favorite town there is Nachitoches. (nack.uh.tish) Old South, slow pace and some of the best meat pies you'll ever eat..
Proud Texan said:
My favorite town there is Nachitoches. (nack.uh.tish) Old South, slow pace and some of the best meat pies you'll ever eat.
Wow, meat pies..........thought that was an English or Australian thing.
Coolest thing was my first trip to Australia......Drive from Cairns to Sydney...Meat pie trucks along the road..........not unlike hot dog trucks where I am........every long driving day I'd have to stop at a meat pie truck.......they were realy good

My favorite town there is Nachitoches. (nack.uh.tish) Old South, slow pace and some of the best meat pies you'll ever eat..
Speaking of Louisiana & pie - the best are the crawfish pies with lots of suculent crawfish and spices... Yummmy. Mostly served in the southern part of the state though.
You haven't lived until you have tried one.

Speaking of Louisiana & pie - the best are the crawfish pies with lots of suculent crawfish and spices... Yummmy. Mostly served in the southern part of the state though.
sounds great.....
I do like crawfish.........

copperhead said:
I've never acquired a taste for crawfish. Taste like dirt. Shrimp? You betcha!

One Day you drove from Cairns to Sydney, you must have a strong set of nerves. :)
I have never seen meat pie trucks along any road, other than shops in the towns, I don't doubt you.
The most famous of course is Harry's Cafe on Wheels Peas and Pies it is just down from the red light district in Sydney - gosh I am sure there is a website, always news articles about it. We had an innkeeper on here years back who worked at the Woolloomooloo Pub! We used to go there.
Here it is http://www.harryscafedewheels.com.au/Home.aspx?element=1&category=1
Oh crikey it is now a chain...gimmee a break. It was a DRUNKEN 3 or 4am stop from Kings Cross.

did that drive twice............6 years apart..........the second time there, I didn't see the trucks.
I'm quite comfortable with mobile food purveyors.........We have hot dog trucks along some of the main roads.......as well as "roach coaches" that go to industrial or work site areas
Australia is great.........great people.......so is the North Island of New Zealand

One Day...I will tell DH you said so. :) He was born in Auckland and grew up in Oz. His parents live in Auckland and his sister, brother and rest of rel's in Oz.
But you know they don't mix right? Kiwis are boat people taking all the jobs in Oz and Aussie's are layabout louts, into footie and beer. (Those are their opposing viewpoints, not mine). So DH lived in a house divided, he was the only Aussie citizen in his family, although they lived in Oz.

did that drive twice............6 years apart..........the second time there, I didn't see the trucks.
I'm quite comfortable with mobile food purveyors.........We have hot dog trucks along some of the main roads.......as well as "roach coaches" that go to industrial or work site areas
Australia is great.........great people.......so is the North Island of New Zealand.
Boy did you bring back memories! It is 15 years since I heard the phrase roach coach. I could immediarely picture one although I never purchased luch from them, I remember them being by the plant side of the building. Office people either "brown bagged" or went out.

Back