5 Years and Going Strong

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Innkeep

Reaction score
Today marks five years in operation. I read the forum for 2 years before opening, and I think of all the resources available to me as an aspiring and a perspiring innkeeper this forum has been the most valuable.
I started as a non-cook ... even scrambling eggs gave me palpitations. Now, thanks to an innmate I can even make omelets! Not only can I bake cookies without referring to a recipe, but I can even do without recipes to make some original dishes.
I've changed shower heads and repaired leaking toilets. I'm also a halfway decent yard man.
I've been blessed with so many guests with so many stories to tell. I've been humbled more than once by meeting people who have had a much more difficult time through life than I have. I've also been healthy all these years.
I must admit I am not as busy as many of you, but I'm in a state that has fewer B&B's than Lancaster County PA or Asheville, NC. I'm doing my best to promote B&B travel to my guests, and fewer tourists may be one of the reasons I see very few PITAs. One of my business guests now uses the keypad to let himself in and announces "Hi Mom, I'm home" when he does self check-in. I also have accumulated a fair number of locals who send their out of town family here for visits.
I'm very thankful that I decided to embark on my second career and happy that I've had a chance to meet some of my forum buddies.

thumbs_up.gif

So good! Congrats! Also congrats on the cooking. Cooking is good!

Congratulations.
thumbs_up.gif

I do a lot of moaning in this forum (and it's a great place to vent), but sometimes I have to stop and take stock of how lucky we are.
We're heading for 9 years next Spring and I still enjoy it, in fact I have an eye out for a bigger place. I love the hours and having the time to run an allotment and be on various community and tourist committees, I enjoy working with dh, I love being my own boss.
I don't think I could go back to sitting in an office 9-5 staring at a computer screen, ever, even if I gave up B&B.

CONGRATS to you!!! So glad your hard work has paid off, what a feeling!

Congratulations! Having been blessed with visiting your B & B, I can attest to the lovely inn you have created and the level of hospitality provided by the innkeeper. Although many may - and I stress the MAY - have created the lovely facility, only YOU could provide the gracious, warm innkeeper who does everything. THAT my friend, is the key to the success of that beacon of hospitality in Indiana.

May you have many many more (if you want to) .
tounge_smile.gif
I just celebrated 3 years but I feel the same way this place is the best!! Thanks!!!

Well done Innkeep! We love ya and are so proud of all your hard work.

Back