50 of the World’s Best Breakfasts

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for sharing. Me...I will take Hawaiian, French, or Canadian....sorry I am not adventurous.

Very interesting - some made me hungry, some made me glad I live in America. It was even more interesting reading all the comments from international posters saying that the author had it all wrong and offering their own opinions.

The first image brings bile up in my throat, did I mention I am not that keen on eggs anymore?haha
Many of these are not so accurate, but hey it was just something someone threw together, obv every country is filled with different people and different breakfats choices. Calling the American traditional bacon and pancakes with blueberries bad for arteries was odd, it looked pretty good really, it wasn't the fry up as shown from other countries.

I could eat it all, but not in one seating please.
wink_smile.gif

Pierogis, Canadian???? There are churches in Pittsburgh and in Chicago that were built (and paid for) with pierogis - and they are Polish!!! the cars line up on Friday afternoon to pick up their pierogi orders.
Any time I went into Chicago, I always had to get off the Expressway at Milwaukee Ave to go into Polish Town for pierogis. The family expected it.

Pierogis, Canadian???? There are churches in Pittsburgh and in Chicago that were built (and paid for) with pierogis - and they are Polish!!! the cars line up on Friday afternoon to pick up their pierogi orders.
Any time I went into Chicago, I always had to get off the Expressway at Milwaukee Ave to go into Polish Town for pierogis. The family expected it..
I have never had a pierogis, and I see them in the freezer section of the grocery store. They look like pot stickers to me.

Any time I went into Chicago, I always had to get off the Expressway at Milwaukee Ave to go into Polish Town for pierogis. The family expected it..
I have never had a pierogis, and I see them in the freezer section of the grocery store. They look like pot stickers to me.
Better than ravioli. Think ravioli but with fruit, cheese, kraut, or potato filling - all are good - and served with butter or applesauce or sour cream (the best). Just boil water, drop them in until they float on the boiling water, and serve. Very good. The best are from a Polish Church of course, but the frozen are not bad.

They are always on my grocery list. I use them as a base for my shepard's pie-

That's very Alberta and Saskatchewan. Not really very "Canadian" and certainly wouldn't go down well around here.
They didn't mention Israeli breakfast... diced salad (no lettuce in salads in Israel) some cheese, yogurt, etc.

they don't taste at all like potstickers though they look similar. I have served perogies for breakfast (I live in Saskatchewan), but the kind I serve are Saskatoon berry-filled perogies.
The potato kind (which they mention) are more for dinner. All perogies taste best served with sour cream. Yum! Here is the recipe and they are a lot of work to make. Lucky for us we can buy them frozen at our local grocers so just have to boil them. They are almost as good as the homemade kind below. If you do not have Saskatoon berries, they are almost as good with blueberries.
http://www.1001recipes2send.com/Side_Dishes/4478-Saskatoon_Berry-Filled_Perogies.shtml

Back