6 Reasons You’re Being Social Media Ignored

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
6 Reasons You’re Being Social Media Ignored http://t.co/DzjsGesu
JB If I have shared this before, I apologize, it just came up again in twitter and is a worthwhile read. I saw the neatest website the other day with a link to a blog top and center that was updated almost 12 months ago.
Twitter tells me all the time to follow different innkeepers since we are all the same, I 'spose, but they ONLY post specials and sales pitches and it turns me right off! It is like the cheap bottle-blond whose whole focus is on her looks, there is no substance and I won't follow you or think about going to your inn. Romance me! Please! Share a little bit about your inn, your location, your guests, your life, heck even your table flowers! Just do it, share a little bit, it doesn't hurt, really it doesn't!

2. You go update overboard: Woah, Nelly. Slow down. It’s not necessary to post a new Facebook update every five minutes.
I'd also suggest, in addition to not too often, adding "not too much". These days people just won't read a lot of text (not that I'm saying that's how it should be, just how it is). Find the happy medium between saying too little and saying too much. If you want people to read it, learn to cut the wordiness and get to the point. (Something I have to work on daily!)

Re following other inkeepers and B&B owners on Twitter - yes it should be part of your marketing strategy.............. not because your 'really' want to follow them but because you can reseach who they are following and who is following them!
OK so far but how can you use this in your marketing strategy ?................ example - you have a number of key inns in your town who are in competition with you. You can find out their Twitter ID either because it will come up in the 'who to follow' search or you can get their Twitter ID off their website and then insert the @xxxx [ID] in the search box.
Next you click on their Twitter name and their profile overview shows up on the right you can then 'click' on who they are following and their followers.
Next you can work through both lists to see who you would like to follow................. click follow and when they post an interesting Tweet you re-Tweet and they may follow you and your Tweets.
Hope this is useful............. if not please tell me.

Re following other inkeepers and B&B owners on Twitter - yes it should be part of your marketing strategy.............. not because your 'really' want to follow them but because you can reseach who they are following and who is following them!
OK so far but how can you use this in your marketing strategy ?................ example - you have a number of key inns in your town who are in competition with you. You can find out their Twitter ID either because it will come up in the 'who to follow' search or you can get their Twitter ID off their website and then insert the @xxxx [ID] in the search box.
Next you click on their Twitter name and their profile overview shows up on the right you can then 'click' on who they are following and their followers.
Next you can work through both lists to see who you would like to follow................. click follow and when they post an interesting Tweet you re-Tweet and they may follow you and your Tweets.
Hope this is useful............. if not please tell me..
WHY?
Why would you care who they follow, that is just weird. Ick.

WHY?
Thanks for the quick comment Joey........................................ let's say an inn's client base, for example, is mainly commercial i.e, business travellers - a competitor is in the same market and by research you find out that they are following a number of local business owners [these guys are not following you at present but you would like their business]. By following them and re-tweeting their messages they may follow you which opens them up to your news/info/deals etc.

WHY?
It's actually a good idea to follow some of the same people your competition follows. You can pick the ones that best fit your needs. What I think is ick is friending/following guests so you can 'surprise' them when they arrive with some sort of perk. I just don't want to be that involved in my guest's lives.

Back