6 secrets to writing an attractive blog post

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3. Generate a list? (Use an odd number.)
What does this mean? I guess it's possible to write TOO tight and come across as cryptic.

What does this mean? I guess it's possible to write TOO tight and come across as cryptic..
Make your list an odd number of items would be my guess. 'The 3 best ways to...' 'The top 7 vacation hot spots...'
Which makes it odd that this guide is the '6 things...'

What does this mean? I guess it's possible to write TOO tight and come across as cryptic..
Make your list an odd number of items would be my guess. 'The 3 best ways to...' 'The top 7 vacation hot spots...'
Madeleine said:
I wonder what the point of the odd number is. I HAVE read that in Japanese gardens they always try to group things (plants, rocks, other garden features) in odd numbers, saying it looks more like nature did it. Even numbers of things look manmade and planned.
But I don't know how it figures in to making a list!
Madeleine said:
"Do as I say, not as I do."

Madeleine said:
I wonder what the point of the odd number is. I HAVE read that in Japanese gardens they always try to group things (plants, rocks, other garden features) in odd numbers, saying it looks more like nature did it. Even numbers of things look manmade and planned.
But I don't know how it figures in to making a list!
Madeleine said:
"Do as I say, not as I do."
I try using odd numbers in lists, too. Even on here if I'm making a point I try to group 3 things into it. Odd numbers in groups of anything.
I think Joey once said that when plating a dish an even number looks like you counted out the fruit and looks 'cheap'.

Yeah it's odd isn't it.
teeth_smile.gif

Just like planting when you have even numbers 2 azaleas on each side of the path it looks artificial. I think odd numbers are just more attractive!
Think about
Top 3 Winners!
vs
Top 4 Winners
or any other config. It sounds better.

Yeah it's odd isn't it.
teeth_smile.gif

Just like planting when you have even numbers 2 azaleas on each side of the path it looks artificial. I think odd numbers are just more attractive!
Think about
Top 3 Winners!
vs
Top 4 Winners
or any other config. It sounds better..
Joey Bloggs said:
Think about
Top 3 Winners!
vs
Top 4 Winners
In sports, I'd be more interested in the final 4 than the final 5, but I get your point!

Even in art, they group things for a still life in odd numbers. It is more pleasing to the eye to have an odd number.
In packages I include 3 or more things so the costs of each item cannot be calculated after subtracting the cost of the room.

The 7th secret to writing an attractive blogpost.....don't include your picture.
poke.gif

Back