6 Things You Should Never Say To An Employee If You Want Good Service

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
6 Things You Should Never Say To An "INNKEEPER" If You Want Good Service
(changed it to innkeeper as oddly enough WE DO HEAR THESE THINGS, ALL THE TIME!)
http://bit.ly/fmNewB

My favourite are the people who ask to speak to the owner... I say "speaking"... and then they ask for a discount and I say no. So they call back and ask to speak to the "real boss"....
tounge_smile.gif

My favourite are the people who ask to speak to the owner... I say "speaking"... and then they ask for a discount and I say no. So they call back and ask to speak to the "real boss"....
tounge_smile.gif
Eric Arthur Blair said:
tounge_smile.gif
LMAO. Guaranteed that the person calling back was instructed by his/her real boss to call back and get the discount.

The #5
First of all.......never count another persons money.......and never judge by the cover.
quick story....
Some years ago I had to quickly buy a new copier.......I had to go in the middle of a work day....I went to a bigger electronics retailer......I walked in.......no one offered assistence.......I asked for help. Oh, that's not my department......I'll get that person.....waiting, waiting.......I asked someone else.....I am in a hurry and need to purchase a few things......Not my department.........OK.......I go to the front desk and ask to see the manager.......manager is standing 10 feet away from the woman......she tells me he is not available......Is that him right there?..the guy with the manager name tag ?.......before she could respond........I walked over to the manager...interupted his discussion and pointed to the two previous clowns and asked if they could have helped me to purchase a copier.....Oh yes....they are store representatives.........Then I asked if that girl at the front desk works at this store.....Yes she does.
Can you as manager of this store tell me why those 2 clowns told me copiers was not their department.....and why that girl flat out told me you were not the manger ?
Is it because I had to come in during my work day......sweaty, filthy....pretty much appearing as a homeless person ?...........Oh no that is not our policy. Everyone who walks through our doors is a valued customer.
I were you..........I'd be firing those 3 people on the spot.
I reached into my pocket....pulled out $5k cash......pulled out my wallet with 2 Amex Gold Cards
I desperately needed a copier for my business and I would have bought other things......probably enough to meet your salary for the month........Instead......I'm going to the little store just outside your doors and see if they want my business.
As soon as I walked in the little store...."need any help"......sure do........I walked out with a hand truck of stuff that they loaded into my truck.......while the manager in the other store was looking through his stores doors..........I flipped him the bird

The #5
First of all.......never count another persons money.......and never judge by the cover.
quick story....
Some years ago I had to quickly buy a new copier.......I had to go in the middle of a work day....I went to a bigger electronics retailer......I walked in.......no one offered assistence.......I asked for help. Oh, that's not my department......I'll get that person.....waiting, waiting.......I asked someone else.....I am in a hurry and need to purchase a few things......Not my department.........OK.......I go to the front desk and ask to see the manager.......manager is standing 10 feet away from the woman......she tells me he is not available......Is that him right there?..the guy with the manager name tag ?.......before she could respond........I walked over to the manager...interupted his discussion and pointed to the two previous clowns and asked if they could have helped me to purchase a copier.....Oh yes....they are store representatives.........Then I asked if that girl at the front desk works at this store.....Yes she does.
Can you as manager of this store tell me why those 2 clowns told me copiers was not their department.....and why that girl flat out told me you were not the manger ?
Is it because I had to come in during my work day......sweaty, filthy....pretty much appearing as a homeless person ?...........Oh no that is not our policy. Everyone who walks through our doors is a valued customer.
I reached into my pocket....pulled out $5k cash......pulled out my wallet with 2 Amex Gold Cards
I desperately needed a copier for my business and I would have bought other things......probably enough to meet your salary for the month........Instead......I'm going to the little store just outside your doors and see if they want my business.
As soon as I walked in the little store...."need any help"......sure do........I walked out with a hand truck of stuff that they loaded into my truck.......while the manager in the other store was looking through his stores doors..........I flipped him the bird.
They DO judge by the "cover". In Illinois, DH & his buddy used to go the the CADA (Colle ctors A rms De al ers Assoc) Shows and the merchandise often was priced in 5 figures and up. If they wen in their jeans, flannel shirts, and ball caps they were welcome to look but were never invited to touch. If DH wore a sport coat and his Austrian hat, he was invited to handle the treasures and inspect them. Guess how he dressed after that first experience wearing the sport coat.

The #5
quick story....
As soon as I walked in the little store...."need any help"......sure do........I walked out with a hand truck of stuff that they loaded into my truck.......while the manager in the other store was looking through his stores doors..........I flipped him the bird.
You totally rule.

The #5
quick story....
Don't you just love that? I had just bought 2 houses in a town about an hour from me. Not familiar with the locals, I went to the Sears store, that weeks advertisement in hand. I needed TWO houses worth of appliances... soup to nuts....
I told sales clerk I wanted 2 of the washer/dryer combos that were on sale, she said she was new and would get the owner. I told him I wanted the ones on sale for $xxx. He told me I must be thinking of the Lowes flier. (I too looked homeless from working on the houses.) I said, "No, the ad just came out." As I was about to show him, he insisted that I go to Lowes for the deal.
Holding the ad in my hand (and in front of other customers) I told him I needed 2 houses worth of appliances and I was new in town and planned to buy more real estate there... and that I would NEVER buy as much as a screwdriver from his store.

Moving from the Big City, to a rural location definitely taught me to never judge a book by it's cover. Early on, we had a a local good ol' boy come to take down a couple of trees. This guy looked nearly homeless, beard down to his mid chest, dirty, beat up old truck, grungy old overalls. His family has lived here for generations. I found out in a conversation with him that he knows more about classical music than I did and I was a professional "classical" musician my entire life! I was blown away by his knowledge.
You just never know with the real person behind that facade is all about.

Back