800 thread count ..... at poly cotton prices

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Tipsy Butler

Reaction score
OK - I'm happy. Went to a well-known Maine discounter on Sunday (Should Have Got It When I Saw It at Mardens) and picked up an 800 thread count, satin-stripe sheet set (with two extra pillowcases) for less than $40.
It's always a risk, but having washed them I'm thrilled. They are thick, beautiful and have super deep pockets. They are going to be bear to iron .... but that's OK and they'll get better with every wash.
If there are any left when we go back, I'm getting them. Unfortunately there almost certainly won't be (see catchphrase above).

Yeah, that motto is the truth! I'm gonna get there someday...
There was a story in the local paper about a guy who found the perfect leather jacket there but didn't buy it. Got home, realized he really wanted it, went back. Gone. His wife goes back the next week to look around and there's the jacket. It got returned. Bought it right then without even calling him.

Yeah, that motto is the truth! I'm gonna get there someday...
There was a story in the local paper about a guy who found the perfect leather jacket there but didn't buy it. Got home, realized he really wanted it, went back. Gone. His wife goes back the next week to look around and there's the jacket. It got returned. Bought it right then without even calling him..
Bought five pairs of wool socks from Marden's one year. Wore them OUT! Sent my MIL back to find them for me...gone. ugh.
At least they have honest advertising!!!

Oh my how lucky. We do not have a lot of choices here. We have been buying our high thread count sheets from Costco at a cost of around $90. US dollars per set. How I long for a good sale on things that I want to be on sale.

Oh my how lucky. We do not have a lot of choices here. We have been buying our high thread count sheets from Costco at a cost of around $90. US dollars per set. How I long for a good sale on things that I want to be on sale..
We did great on Overstock.com
RIki

Oh my how lucky. We do not have a lot of choices here. We have been buying our high thread count sheets from Costco at a cost of around $90. US dollars per set. How I long for a good sale on things that I want to be on sale..
Don't you shop on line??? Lots of good buys out there:)

Found a 100% cotton king size Martha Stewart Matelasse bedspread at Kmart today on clearance for 12 bucks, not too shabby! Just Shabby chic!

Found a 100% cotton king size Martha Stewart Matelasse bedspread at Kmart today on clearance for 12 bucks, not too shabby! Just Shabby chic!.
inncogneeto said:
Found a 100% cotton king size Martha Stewart Matelasse bedspread at Kmart today on clearance for 12 bucks, not too shabby! Just Shabby chic!
Good one. I actually went shopping yesterday. Got 8 queen size pillows for $52. It was a BOGO for a $1. They had them in 2 packs. I redid one bed today and will do the other when the guests checkout on Sunday. Found a second king mattress pad, same as the one I have for $30, now I have the spare. Looked for a new coverlet for the king bed (after all the comments when I posted the room pix) but couldn't find anything that would go with the room.
Lots of good sheet set deals at LNT and Home Goods, if anyone has those nearby.
I actually paid more for the 4 pillow protectors than I did for the 4 pillows they went on.
I don't know about anyone else but I always feel good when I replace something worn with something new and fresh. Puts a smile on my face.
teeth_smile.gif

Found a 100% cotton king size Martha Stewart Matelasse bedspread at Kmart today on clearance for 12 bucks, not too shabby! Just Shabby chic!.
inncogneeto said:
Good one. I actually went shopping yesterday. Got 8 queen size pillows for $52. It was a BOGO for a $1. They had them in 2 packs. I redid one bed today and will do the other when the guests checkout on Sunday. Found a second king mattress pad, same as the one I have for $30, now I have the spare. Looked for a new coverlet for the king bed (after all the comments when I posted the room pix) but couldn't find anything that would go with the room.
I actually paid more for the 4 pillow protectors than I did for the 4 pillows they went on.
I don't know about anyone else but I always feel good when I replace something worn with something new and fresh. Puts a smile on my face.
teeth_smile.gif

I did the same last week. Got 2 pillows at Sam's for $10. The covers cost $12 for both pillows. The covers do cost more than the pillows.

inncogneeto said:
teeth_smile.gif

I did the same last week. Got 2 pillows at Sam's for $10. The covers cost $12 for both pillows. The covers do cost more than the pillows.
hawley said:
Remember a year ago I bought walmart pillows for spares and to stuff in shams 2 x $5, I bought them cuz they came with the zippered cover! It is amazing how much the covers for the pillows are, like you said. So when they cheap and nasty pillows flattened out I had another use for them and their covers!

inncogneeto said:
teeth_smile.gif

A couple month ago Americanhotel.com had pillow protectors for .97 each. I bought a dozen (min. purchase) since they will not spoil and I will need them down the road to replace - in fact did replace some.
Reminds me. Need to check out To-Go cups there. Paid 7.99 for 24 at Staples but could not wait or them. There has to be a better price.

inncogneeto said:
teeth_smile.gif

A couple month ago Americanhotel.com had pillow protectors for .97 each. I bought a dozen (min. purchase) since they will not spoil and I will need them down the road to replace - in fact did replace some.
Reminds me. Need to check out To-Go cups there. Paid 7.99 for 24 at Staples but could not wait or them. There has to be a better price.
gillumhouse said:
. . . Reminds me. Need to check out To-Go cups there. Paid 7.99 for 24 at Staples but could not wait or them. There has to be a better price.
Try this. Might be a greater quantity than you need. Maybe a local restaurant supply house?

inncogneeto said:
teeth_smile.gif

gillumhouse said:
. . . Reminds me. Need to check out To-Go cups there. Paid 7.99 for 24 at Staples but could not wait or them. There has to be a better price.
Try this. Might be a greater quantity than you need. Maybe a local restaurant supply house?
Thanks. Looked but the biggest they had was 9 oz and I wanted 16. I will keep looking. Americanhotel had cups - 1000 for 58.99 and then the lids were another 34.99. I wanted them for Farmer's Market. I made a 24 cup pot a week ago just to see how it would go and sold them $2 a cup. Made more with the coffee than I do with the bread at less cost to me! I think Farmer's Market is almost over for this year so I have time to look before next season. I really do not need 1000 either.

inncogneeto said:
teeth_smile.gif

gillumhouse said:
I also got pillow protectors on Overstock. They're a good deal on there, too, but not $.97! I just picked up a couple in case (no pun intended) I didn't have enough here. Good thing. I scrounged up 4 covers for the other pillows but I would not have had 8. I'll buy more as the 'scrounged' ones are not in the best shape.

inncogneeto said:
teeth_smile.gif

I've bought to-go cups at the grocery store, Target, Kmart, etc. I just watch for the sale prices. Good luck! I did notice that the office supply stores were higher even on the regular prices.

Don't you shop on line??? Lots of good buys out there:)
I love shopping online ... the problem is, we have a corrupt mail service and many things just do not make it to our house. We have had many packages go astray. We shop online if we have friends coming to visit so that they can bring things down in their luggage.
Next visit ... March for a re-union of our friends.

Back