9 seats for $9 on every flight

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
New airline...JetAmerica. Flights to and from underserved airports.
Interesting fine print...$5 convenience fee for booking online, $10 if you call them on the phone; all of the usual taxes and fees; $10 if you want to select your seat in advance. So, if you DO happen to get the $9 fare and you are not on a direct flight, here's the breakdown:
  • $9 fare
  • $5 online booking fee
  • $10 select seat in advance fee (optional)
  • $2.50 terrorist fee (each leg of trip, so non-direct RT flight this is $10)
  • $3.60 tax (each leg of trip...$14.40)
  • $4.50 terminal fee (each leg of trip...$18.00)
Your $9 ticket just cost you: $66.40. Granted, that is a lot lower than $300 or so, but when the price is so low to start, the fees REALLY seem exhoribitant.

If you're not a terrorist, do you still have to pay the fee, or is that only for the people trying to light their shoe laces on fire? ;)

You know there had to be extras everywhere. I don't see this company making it...too few people flying to underserved locations. We'll see.

If you're not a terrorist, do you still have to pay the fee, or is that only for the people trying to light their shoe laces on fire? ;).
That's along the same lines I was thinking. I'm not a terrorist, do I have to pay the fee?? ;)

Bree said:
$2.50 terrorist fee (each leg of trip, so non-direct RT flight this is $10)
Can someone tell me what this means???.
penelope said:
Bree said:
Can someone tell me what this means???
That the Sept 11 fee that is charged for every leg of your plane trip.

If you're not a terrorist, do you still have to pay the fee, or is that only for the people trying to light their shoe laces on fire? ;).
swirt said:
If you're not a terrorist, do you still have to pay the fee, or is that only for the people trying to light their shoe laces on fire? ;)
Because they can't really tell by looking at you, everyone has to pay it.

Bree said:
penelope said:
Bree said:
I just looked at the site. I don't see anywhere I want to fly to with them..sorry.

Bree said:
penelope said:
Bree said:
I haven't been on a plane since 1996!!!

Bree said:
penelope said:
Bree said:
I just looked at the site. I don't see anywhere I want to fly to with them..sorry.
catlady said:
Well, that's why those airports are underserved! Newark is a biggie, tho, just that there aren't a lot of others in the list.

Me thinks they're not going to be in business very long. Reminds me of Sky Bus that went under last year.

can they even pay for gas for the plane at that price? how much does the pilot get paid? is there a pilot???? sounds not good to me. not even as a startup gimmick.

That is only 9 seats of whatever number there are per flight. What do the other seats cost? and then all the extra fees added to that fare also.... They probably had 9 seats on most flights that were emply and this is a way to at least get something for them.

DOH!
embaressed_smile.gif

can they even pay for gas for the plane at that price? how much does the pilot get paid? is there a pilot???? sounds not good to me. not even as a startup gimmick..
You'd be surprised what pilots make sometimes. Flights that are 'Operated by' so and so (for example, Continental uses Cogan Air a lot) those pilots get paid very little. The latest crash on Continental was from ill trained pilots that got paid only around $20K or so.

Back