A beautiful voice

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
have you seen susan boyle?
just a sweetheart. 47 years old, never married, 'never been kissed' ... lives in a tiny village in scotland with her cat. was bullied and shunned, is now unemployed, she took care of her mother who always encouraged her to sing. her mom died in 2007 and susan got up the courage to audition on Britain's Got Talent because it was something that would have made her mother happy.
her voice, singing this song, moves me to tears every time i watch the video ... 'I had a dream my life would be. So different from this hell I'm living. So different now from what it seemed Now life has killed the dream I dreamed.' i am sooo hoping she gets a recording contract, i want to support her. and i am also hoping no one tries to make her over. she is who she is. i also hope she gets that kiss she's dreaming of!

She was on the aBC news last night. It was wonderful to see the judges floored!!!!

I agree, this woman can really sing. Just to see Simon's jaw drop was priceless.

I have received this with link from a couple sources this morning. She is great!

I agree, this woman can really sing. Just to see Simon's jaw drop was priceless..
You can say that again! I had a feeling she would blow him away..YEAH!!!!!!! I had to go watch it again and my tears of joy are streaming down as well!!!!!

I didn't have the sound on to start, which made it very obvious to me they were all getting ready to laugh at her. Well, good for her she knocked them for a loop!

Just got done watching it. Blew me away. I had to explain the tears running down my face to my kids. They thought it was the lyrics of the song, I had to tell them it was the whole event: the criticalness of the audience and judges, the looks of shock when she started singing, and the final straw was the looks of "we knew she be great" as she sang. She was amazing...just goes to prove that you should never pass judgement before you have all the facts.
Good for her...

She was on the aBC news last night. It was wonderful to see the judges floored!!!!.
catlady said:
She was on the aBC news last night. It was wonderful to see the judges floored!!!!
I liked the 'stagehands' who were talking to the camera, 'Didn't expect THAT now did you?' And she reminds me of my grandmother at that age...right down to the dress and the hair, and so full of beans!

Did you ever see this .... it STILL makes me cry every single time. Sometimes it makes me sob. Watch it from the start to the finish.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k08yxu57NA
OK - I just watched it again and I have tears pouring down my cheeks. I think it's BEAUTIFUL..
yes, sarah! paul helped give her the courage to get on that show. and he has got the success he deserves. he said he took a furlough from his job so he could sing for a while.
all this talent in quiet, unassuming people. it is toooo wonderful! same sort of cinderella story.
no years and years of lessons and voice coaches, no handlers and agents, no nothing ... and bam! love it.

thumbs_up.gif
OMG!!!!
I still have goosebumps !!!!!!
They are both sooo great.....
I hope they make it...

Hubs watched it and he was very happy for her. He's been talking about it since he saw it.

I looked up Elaine Page's rendition of the song and Susan actually sings it better than the person she was trying to imitate.

I looked up Elaine Page's rendition of the song and Susan actually sings it better than the person she was trying to imitate..
Here' she is on the CBS news: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/16/susan-boyle-youtube-sensa_n_187661.html

me, too, ginocat ... a little cd for charity in '99 that went nowhere. i have listened to it a few times, trying to put the visual her of 10 years ago with that voice. regardless of what happens in that tv show, i am hoping for sales of some cd featuring her!

Back