A book scam?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting - I just got the same series of emails this week!
Guest books two nights, two guests. Uses the OTHER guest's CC#. When I email to clarify who exactly is staying, and that I would need to call the holder of the CC, I get the email ignoring my clarification and blaming secretary for mix-up sending books, etc.
He states he will send FEDEX labels, and can I re-package, slap labels on, re-send.
Here's my reply:
"Sorry, but we do not forward items from/for a third-party. Unfortunately, there have been dealings like this reported to local authorities as scams.
You can pick the books up when you arrive for your overnight stays. You did not answer my questions about the guests' identities."
I don't expect to see the guest(s). RRH: How did your scam turn out?.
We replied and received more instructions on what to do. At this point it was obviously a scam and not having the time to pursue it any longer, the books sit on the shelf.

Interesting - I just got the same series of emails this week!
Guest books two nights, two guests. Uses the OTHER guest's CC#. When I email to clarify who exactly is staying, and that I would need to call the holder of the CC, I get the email ignoring my clarification and blaming secretary for mix-up sending books, etc.
He states he will send FEDEX labels, and can I re-package, slap labels on, re-send.
Here's my reply:
"Sorry, but we do not forward items from/for a third-party. Unfortunately, there have been dealings like this reported to local authorities as scams.
You can pick the books up when you arrive for your overnight stays. You did not answer my questions about the guests' identities."
I don't expect to see the guest(s). RRH: How did your scam turn out?.
We replied and received more instructions on what to do. At this point it was obviously a scam and not having the time to pursue it any longer, the books sit on the shelf.
Anything like this...do not get taken in by it. If you never requested or offered this kind of help...they are out to get you.

Back