A Challenge to Post More Recipes.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigbid

Reaction score
I am a little bit surprised that with all of the great information that is available on this site, and the generosity if the members to share their time and knowledge, that more of you do not post recipes. I posted an egg recipe 5 months ago and it is still the most current one in that category. I would like to issue a challenge to everyone to post their favorite recipes. Trying out recipes from other Bed & Breakfasts is so much better than from a random breakfast cookbook. We know what works. Thanks to all of you.

Sorry. I try to, but put them IN THE KITCHEN as they are not my recipes and I have never even tried them, just ones that LOOK good, and have ended up being good. The posting is more time intensive in the recipe section.
Check the In the Kitchen Section - there are a few good uns in there.
(PS just from my stand point, the recipe section is one area I never read, that's just me, others may be like you who want to see recipes!)

I've had to branch out into exploring the recipes section of various B&B websites that post them. There are some good ones in this forum's recipe section, but surely there are more out there!
The PAII website's recipes section only has about 3 recipes posted
sad_smile.gif

I love those Taste of Home recipes, JB. What is really nice is their site has user reviews so even if you haven't tried the recipe personally you can get some input from "real life" cooks.

I've had to branch out into exploring the recipes section of various B&B websites that post them. There are some good ones in this forum's recipe section, but surely there are more out there!
The PAII website's recipes section only has about 3 recipes posted
sad_smile.gif
Check the BBONLINE recipes. They used to have a ton of them. I haven't looked there in awhile.

I print out so many recipes.....i have 2 loose leaf binders
of those that I have tried .......maybe .005 %
I come across some interesting ones......I lean towards the quick meal type recipes, appetizers, soups, sides and then deserts...in that order.
I'm waiting for the "innspiring cookbook"

I print out so many recipes.....i have 2 loose leaf binders
of those that I have tried .......maybe .005 %
I come across some interesting ones......I lean towards the quick meal type recipes, appetizers, soups, sides and then deserts...in that order.
I'm waiting for the "innspiring cookbook".
I'm waiting for the "innspiring cookbook"
[/quote] I'm working on it! It is called "Inn-spiring Recipies" and I almost have it finished! I have decided to add pictures of as many of the recipies as I can, which means I have to make each one and my sweet DH has to take the pictures for me.... We both tend to be perfectionists soo..... it takes a while. Then I have to send it to the publisher.
I'll keep you all posted as to when it it done!

FYI many state B&B associations have cook books. They have inn-formation, background or trivia about the recipe, etc.

There is so much out there, do a search for one recipe and you get 10,000 like recipes.
I actually don't want everyone making the same thing, I prefer if the inns here DO NOT share their personal recipes. There I said it. True.

PS... anyone on this form wants to contribute to the cookbook? I dind't think about that before, but i could add your recipes and give you credit. (of course that will add to the time to complete as I will have to cook and take pic of that too.LOL!
If the publisher publishes it its not a big deal as they will pay for expenses upfront. If I "self publish" I pay out of pocket upfront and it is based on the number of pages and pictures and quality of jpaper etc... AND of COURSE I have chosen the best paper quality and photo quality and am having it 'perfect bound' and not spiral bound. Also if the publisher publishes they will also promote it and help sell it :). This is the route I'm going for.
hmmmm then we get into royalities ect.... if i put one of your recipes in the cookbook, does that mean i would have to pay you royalities too? I know you'd probably have to sign a release etc.... Hmmmm maybe this is bigger than I want to dive into.... my own cookbook might be so much easier.....
let me know what you think.....

PS... anyone on this form wants to contribute to the cookbook? I dind't think about that before, but i could add your recipes and give you credit. (of course that will add to the time to complete as I will have to cook and take pic of that too.LOL!
If the publisher publishes it its not a big deal as they will pay for expenses upfront. If I "self publish" I pay out of pocket upfront and it is based on the number of pages and pictures and quality of jpaper etc... AND of COURSE I have chosen the best paper quality and photo quality and am having it 'perfect bound' and not spiral bound. Also if the publisher publishes they will also promote it and help sell it :). This is the route I'm going for.
hmmmm then we get into royalities ect.... if i put one of your recipes in the cookbook, does that mean i would have to pay you royalities too? I know you'd probably have to sign a release etc.... Hmmmm maybe this is bigger than I want to dive into.... my own cookbook might be so much easier.....
let me know what you think......
I understand joey, but not too many of our inns are close together, so I don't think making the same thing is that big of a deal. Also if you are like me, I will read a recipe and then think, ohhhh that would be so good with ...... this or that or maybe more or less of this or that, and I always end up changing it anyway! :) guess thats the cook in me! ]
IF i were to add your recipes to the book, I would never change it but add it exactly as is. I'd have to test it out first however.

There is so much out there, do a search for one recipe and you get 10,000 like recipes.
I actually don't want everyone making the same thing, I prefer if the inns here DO NOT share their personal recipes. There I said it. True..
Me too.

OYE VEY!!! Have you ever attempted to put together a cookbook? I did for a church, one for friends and one for a state organization...each one was its own nightmare.
Sorry there are so many cookbooks out there already... I have hundreds and I have donated about half of them to my local library and the rest will probably be heading there soon. I have the Internet to look up anything I might want to try..or if I forgot the recipe.

I have a couple honey cake recipes that are fantastic.
Want a pyrogy recipe ?

OYE VEY!!! Have you ever attempted to put together a cookbook? I did for a church, one for friends and one for a state organization...each one was its own nightmare.
Sorry there are so many cookbooks out there already... I have hundreds and I have donated about half of them to my local library and the rest will probably be heading there soon. I have the Internet to look up anything I might want to try..or if I forgot the recipe.
catlady said:
Yes, I have the cookbook almost completed. It is definately a lot of work!

Ukrainin?? Thats an interesting idea. is it the bready type? I make something similar with phylo

Yes Ukrainian....Pyrogy....though that particular word is actualy polish....a from scratch recipe...and they are boiled.
Honey cake........one is with a merange folded in, does a great rise. Other is much easier and still good.
Want Bobka recipes ?......
Butterhorns....aka rugala (sp?)

Joey Bloggs said:
Some times we are a big dysfunctional family here. At times I do not like people who use the forum to suck it dry for information. Just me, again.
Joey, you are ok. The forum is a great source of info and inspiration and we all help each other out. and yes we are a family! Its ok to share or not to share, its your own personal choice, doesnt make it right or wrong. And you have shared LOTS on here and you have helped me tremendously here. Thank you.

Yes Ukrainian....Pyrogy....though that particular word is actualy polish....a from scratch recipe...and they are boiled.
Honey cake........one is with a merange folded in, does a great rise. Other is much easier and still good.
Want Bobka recipes ?......
Butterhorns....aka rugala (sp?).
whoa... hold on... listen to you firing off those recipes! LOL!
I have to tell you, my book will not include 'main dishes, soups or salads' because as a b&b in general we don't serve those unless we are doing a special dinner ( and sometimes we do, so further down the road i might offer a 'second editon' to include those).
But the butterhorns.... now yummmmm

Back