A chuckle for the day -

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Copperhead

Reaction score
DH and I had the morning off and headed out early to the home improvement store and breakfast on the way. We walked in to one of the areas W affle House where many customers seemed to be regulars. All of a sudden the cook truned to a customer and said:
"THAT is how I am going to fix it. And THAT is how you are going to EAT IT. And you WILL leave here with a SMILE on your face! "
And to that many of the 'regulars?' cheered...
Given all the topics of late for special food needs on the forum, mine included, I thought: boy sometimes it would be nice to be able to pull this off. But at least we can think it!
embaressed_smile.gif

Guests today are raving about breakfast. Love it. Then I go to clear the plates. 2 bites taken, that's it. Nothing in their rez that says they can't eat what was served.

Guests today are raving about breakfast. Love it. Then I go to clear the plates. 2 bites taken, that's it. Nothing in their rez that says they can't eat what was served..
Maybe they're just controlling their portions. I'm definitely not cleaning the plate lately!

We serve very large portions, so much so that guests complain that they are unable to eat the rest of the day. They say it with a smile on their faces though.
Most guests clean their plates. There are some who eat about half and then others who only take a few bites. IT'S THE SAME FOOD. People are different and so are their tastes.

I kept saying that to myself this morning...'This is how I'm cooking it, this is how you're eating it...' they got around it by not coming to brekkie at all...I can't win.

I kept saying that to myself this morning...'This is how I'm cooking it, this is how you're eating it...' they got around it by not coming to brekkie at all...I can't win..
Of the following options I prefer the breakkie 'no-show'
  • snearing at the food when you set it down
  • complaining & demanding something else
  • playing with the food to give the look of having eaten
  • opting to sleep in

Back