A comprehensive review of Air

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Innkeep

Reaction score
https://www.wired.com/story/inside-airbnbs-guerrilla-war-against-local-governments/
A comprehensive review of Airflophouse

I sent this to my City Council today in hope of FINALLY convincing they to be pro-active and enact an Ordinance BEFORE we get any Air facilities in town.

When I was house hunting over the past six months, so many realtors would say ... 'you could just rent this space as an air bnb'. Not 'get a housemate'. It's how many of the houses are being marketed. I wouldn't see it in the ads or listings, but walk in for a showing and it would be one of the first things they'd say. Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont ... buy this place and set up as an air bnb. Out in the middle of nowhere, rural areas, small towns and cities ... didn't matter. You've got to know they're operating under the radar wherever possible.

It has destroyed any affordable long-term housing in our area. And the Vermont legislature continues to turn a blind eye.

Health Department inspector came today. She says one of her work colleagues uses Air “all the time”. They just don’t get it. I yelled at her

Health Department inspector came today. She says one of her work colleagues uses Air “all the time”. They just don’t get it. I yelled at her.
GOOD FOR YOU!! Not yelling, just pleased. I sent it to my City Council.

Health Department inspector came today. She says one of her work colleagues uses Air “all the time”. They just don’t get it. I yelled at her.
Innkeep said:
Health Department inspector came today. She says one of her work colleagues uses Air “all the time”. They just don’t get it. I yelled at her
I'm afraid I'd of asked if we could just cancel my inspection (and fees), why me, if not for all?

Innkeep said:
And when she loses her job because no reputable inns exist any more to be inspected, she'll have no idea what happened.

Back