A cursed room?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aussie Innkeeper

Reaction score
I think I have a 'cursed' room!! There's nothing wrong with the room itself, it just seems that when I get a cranky guest, or one that is a real PITA, they're in the Victoria Suite!
Last night, had a family of 3 in there. They turned on too many heat-type elements and lights and blew a circuit. Well, we were out for the evening, she called and I said we'd be there asap. Got in about a half our later. Fixed the problem. This morning on check-out, she put up such a fuss!
Maybe I should more carefully screen anyone who requests that room. hmmm
confused_smile.gif

This is also the room where the guy who wanted 5 extra rolls of tp for a 2-day stay clogged up the toilet (imagine that!), I've had smokers stand just outside the sliding glass door entrance (room has it's own private entrance) and smoke away, rather than go down a few steps where the ashtray is.
Last month, I had a guest just up and leave for no reason that we could ever figure out. They left a day early. I sent an e-mail but never got a response.
I don't get it...the room is recently remodeled - large walk-in shower with rainfall showerhead, beautiful colors on the wall and soft furnishings. New queen pillow-top mattress and a really nice electric fireplace. It also has a larger fridge - not the cube, dorm-sized one like we have in the other rooms. So, it's not the amenities. Maybe it's the fact that the room is not 'connected' to the rest of the house. It's just weird!

This is also the room where the guy who wanted 5 extra rolls of tp for a 2-day stay clogged up the toilet (imagine that!), I've had smokers stand just outside the sliding glass door entrance (room has it's own private entrance) and smoke away, rather than go down a few steps where the ashtray is.
Last month, I had a guest just up and leave for no reason that we could ever figure out. They left a day early. I sent an e-mail but never got a response.
I don't get it...the room is recently remodeled - large walk-in shower with rainfall showerhead, beautiful colors on the wall and soft furnishings. New queen pillow-top mattress and a really nice electric fireplace. It also has a larger fridge - not the cube, dorm-sized one like we have in the other rooms. So, it's not the amenities. Maybe it's the fact that the room is not 'connected' to the rest of the house. It's just weird!.
Rooms that are away from the rest of the guests, especially if you are very clear about that online with words like 'private' tend to attract the guests who want privacy. Those are the guests who are going to be doing things they normally wouldn't do where there is limited privacy.
What we may forget when we get these folks is that many people live in tiny houses with their kids all around them. They have zero privacy at home.

I did not see why, I looked at your rooms, and could not pinpoint why this one in particular would attract the curse. :)

I don't get it...the room is recently remodeled - large walk-in shower with rainfall showerhead, beautiful colors on the wall and soft furnishings. New queen pillow-top mattress and a really nice electric fireplace. It also has a larger fridge - not the cube, dorm-sized one like we have in the other rooms. So, it's not the amenities. Maybe it's the fact that the room is not 'connected' to the rest of the house. It's just weird!.
Rooms that are away from the rest of the guests, especially if you are very clear about that online with words like 'private' tend to attract the guests who want privacy. Those are the guests who are going to be doing things they normally wouldn't do where there is limited privacy.
What we may forget when we get these folks is that many people live in tiny houses with their kids all around them. They have zero privacy at home.
Privacy? Parents get privacy? In a 900 sq ft 4-bedroom w/1 bathroom amd 6 kids to start that went down to 4 for the most time someone would expect privacy? After I arrived on the scene, the closed door rule went into effrct - if the door is closed, it is NOT to be opened until permission to enter is given. THAT was revoluntionary in that household!

Back