A Death Valley drive with the click of a mouse

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Yes, they're wonderful. Before I went to Yosemite last year, I "drove" the whole way to my hotel in the park via Google Street View. The service is fun, interesting, and helpful, and I feel sorry for people in the few European countries who forbid it as an invasion of privacy.

My only problem with google street view is a weird one - they have only done half my neighbours street so if you click on her BB to look at it you get a view of the back! don't know why they missed that bit as they have done all the surrounding ones! told her to get everyone to complain )there are about 8 bb's there) and see if they will come out. I have also registered for the google thing where they come inside and film as well which looks cool. ie people can walk in off the "street" and into your business.

My only problem with google street view is a weird one - they have only done half my neighbours street so if you click on her BB to look at it you get a view of the back! don't know why they missed that bit as they have done all the surrounding ones! told her to get everyone to complain )there are about 8 bb's there) and see if they will come out. I have also registered for the google thing where they come inside and film as well which looks cool. ie people can walk in off the "street" and into your business..
Please tell me about this! How can I sign up for that?? I've never heard of it.

My only problem with google street view is a weird one - they have only done half my neighbours street so if you click on her BB to look at it you get a view of the back! don't know why they missed that bit as they have done all the surrounding ones! told her to get everyone to complain )there are about 8 bb's there) and see if they will come out. I have also registered for the google thing where they come inside and film as well which looks cool. ie people can walk in off the "street" and into your business..
http://maps.google.co.uk/help/maps/businessphotos/index.html
they seem to have changed it as before it was free - however just had another look and what they are doing is they have registered photographers in nearby locations who you contact to make an appointment to shoot and you do have to pay them. This does mean however you could ring them and update whenever you liked. Pictures would be avaliable on google maps, google local and google search results. Suppose it depends on the price!

I wonder if we could do a video of the neighborhood - how it looks coming up the street and turning onto out street and parking in front of the house - and then posting it to yo ut ube and then putting a link on our web site to that video. Do you think that would work?

JB hasn't explained, but I think these are just links to specific locations in Google Street View, not a video.
Once you arrive at a Street View location, you can use the keyboard up/down/left/right cursor keys, or the mouse, to move around, look up, look down, follow streets for miles and see the scenery, but it's not a case of just sitting back and watching a video. You have to tell it where you want to go, and you can keep wandering around for hours.

I wonder if we could do a video of the neighborhood - how it looks coming up the street and turning onto out street and parking in front of the house - and then posting it to yo ut ube and then putting a link on our web site to that video. Do you think that would work?.
We did a little one with my camera of how to get in through the car park in case people wanted to view for our access statement ie a bit wonky on their legs and want to be sure of the set up. All you would need to give it a try is one person to hold the camera and one to drive - but be aware most cameras pick up sound - Did a really good vidio then my mum popped up saying I don't think this sheet is very clean or something which the camera picked up! so had to redo everything!

http://maps.google.co.uk/help/maps/businessphotos/index.html
they seem to have changed it as before it was free - however just had another look and what they are doing is they have registered photographers in nearby locations who you contact to make an appointment to shoot and you do have to pay them. This does mean however you could ring them and update whenever you liked. Pictures would be avaliable on google maps, google local and google search results. Suppose it depends on the price!
I looked into this and I think it's a brilliant marketing idea! The closest photographer was 1.5 hours away, but I emailed them for pricing information anyways. Yes, you do have to pay the photographer. But, since there's not one around me, I might be able to get one of the local photographers to sign up & give me a great "first customer" rate.
Here's the USA link:
http://maps.google.com/help/maps/businessphotos/index.html

Back