A first for me in my lifetime !

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got to go out side and shovel by the door so my dog can potty ! About 3 ft of snow. AND shovel my truck out so I can get to work. Glad I took breakfast up to the Cottage frig last night for the guest. The are probably warmer than I am in the main house with the propane fireplace up there.... Mary in Bridgewater..Virginia is for SHOVELERS !

Good gravy! Be careful, it's a heavy snow so don't hurt yourself. We are at 18 inches with 8-12 more coming, the wind and the drifts are unbelievable. I am SO happy we rescheduled all the guests, it is nice to relax and just watch in stead of rushing to clean it up!

Same here - we cancelled our guests for this weekend (only one so we didn't even bother to reschedule yet). It's still coming down. Some strapping young boys came by yesterday and said they'll be back today to help shovel. If we get more on Tuesday, I sure hope V-Day doesn't get killed. That will be our only good weekend in two months.

Good gravy! Be careful, it's a heavy snow so don't hurt yourself. We are at 18 inches with 8-12 more coming, the wind and the drifts are unbelievable. I am SO happy we rescheduled all the guests, it is nice to relax and just watch in stead of rushing to clean it up!.
And here I am in the Pocono Mountains of PA and once again we got nothing, nada, zip! This is the craziest winter ever. All you south of me (lots of relatives in the affected states as well), do stay safe and warm.

wow! we are used to snow where i am. i have a 'weather knee'. no snow was predicted here for the weekend and my knee was hurting so bad which means snow or rain. guess what? it's snowing.

Same here - we cancelled our guests for this weekend (only one so we didn't even bother to reschedule yet). It's still coming down. Some strapping young boys came by yesterday and said they'll be back today to help shovel. If we get more on Tuesday, I sure hope V-Day doesn't get killed. That will be our only good weekend in two months..
This next system looks like it will affect Tuesday/Wednesday, I think our VDay weekend will survive intact (all fingers and toes crossed!)

No snow here in the great north, either. It was looking promising before but now the sun is out again. Guests are really antsy wanting it to snow!

I'm cold just reading your posts. Lots and lots of rain here, soggy, soggy ground. Yuck!

We have so much heavy snow that the dogwood tree in my yard has branches almost touching the ground from the weight of it. I went out and shoveled a path to my porch because of the rude ringing phone this morning at 7 AM. The Chief called to say one of his officers tried to contact us last night (knocked but did not ring bell) but he has another one who cannot get home.
I now have a Police Officer in one room and may have more before the storm is over. Then the City Manager called and told me to send an invoice - I was going to have it on the house but she said no. From the looks of the Fire Department parking lot, they are camped at the station house as a just in case. The Officer tells me there was a cable line that had fallen into the street and before anyone could be notified about it, the snowplow came through - scratch the cable. There is also a tree on the other side of the river that fell over from the weight of the snow onto another tree with power lines going through it that is blocking the road. They called the fire dept out but there was no way they could clear it from the roas so they knocked snow off of it enough to ease the situation and put up warnings for people stupid enough to be on that road until the power company can get out to take care of it.
My power has gone on & off a few thimes this morning (last night there was a huge flash and power went off and then came back - hmmm I wonder if that was the cable and the snow plow???) - but so far, so good.
Stay warm all.

We have so much heavy snow that the dogwood tree in my yard has branches almost touching the ground from the weight of it. I went out and shoveled a path to my porch because of the rude ringing phone this morning at 7 AM. The Chief called to say one of his officers tried to contact us last night (knocked but did not ring bell) but he has another one who cannot get home.
I now have a Police Officer in one room and may have more before the storm is over. Then the City Manager called and told me to send an invoice - I was going to have it on the house but she said no. From the looks of the Fire Department parking lot, they are camped at the station house as a just in case. The Officer tells me there was a cable line that had fallen into the street and before anyone could be notified about it, the snowplow came through - scratch the cable. There is also a tree on the other side of the river that fell over from the weight of the snow onto another tree with power lines going through it that is blocking the road. They called the fire dept out but there was no way they could clear it from the roas so they knocked snow off of it enough to ease the situation and put up warnings for people stupid enough to be on that road until the power company can get out to take care of it.
My power has gone on & off a few thimes this morning (last night there was a huge flash and power went off and then came back - hmmm I wonder if that was the cable and the snow plow???) - but so far, so good.
Stay warm all..
-7 here in Bridgewater. Guest in the Cottage were to order(call me) b'fast last night ,not a word yet..? You all stay warm,If the electric goes out I'am headed to the Cottage as soon as they leave.Propane fireplace up there runs without electric.Got 2 oil furneses in the main house. Hope to get out today.Mary in Bridgewater

Stay warm all..
-7 here in Bridgewater. Guest in the Cottage were to order(call me) b'fast last night ,not a word yet..? You all stay warm,If the electric goes out I'am headed to the Cottage as soon as they leave.Propane fireplace up there runs without electric.Got 2 oil furneses in the main house. Hope to get out today.Mary in Bridgewater
I hope all stays well with your utilities. Since Will & Trace dug me out yesterday, I drove to Chapel. At 2 AM the car said it was +11. I turned the water on slow (DH is FINALLY not complaining about what the water bill would be) and went to bed. At 7:30, all was well and i turned the water off. Now I am going BACK to bed. DH should be up by now so I can sleep instead of having to listen to him talk....

Back